US$285
US$89
Melia.com
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgood sizenice wellness areahigher floorsmall indoor poolnice hotelbreakfast and dinnershort vacationpleasant staybuffet styleordering drinkslarge roomspent nightsmy opinionlive musichotel barfood on offeradriatic sea
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Thank you to all the staff at Sol Umag Kids' Club, who were very welcoming to our daughter Nell. Activities included crafts, games, mini disco and pool activities. These fun activities really made her holiday!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lee M
GeneraManagerITU, Manager at Sol Umag, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Lee M,
Thank you for being our guest in hotel Sol Umag.
I am so glad that your daughter enjoyed in our children activities and that made her holiday exceptional.
Thank you for your compliments about our Mini Club and staff.
Wish you and your family all the best and special greetings to Nell from our animation team.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

We stayed at the Sol Umag Residence for 3 nights in July 2017 as a family of 4. The hotel was a great location right on the beach. It was nice surprise to find a sandy beach in Croatia. There were plenty of beach bars and amenities within walking distance. We booked a family room with balcony (B&B) which was actually 2 connecting rooms with separate balconies. The children loved having their own room but ideally one large room with one balcony with enough chairs for us all to sit together would have worked better.
The hotel offers free parking and free wifi which worked consistently on all our devices. The card security system used to enter the block and the hotel room is good. The bathroom was small and clean and the balcony is a good size. The beds were comfortable but only a bedside lamp on one side for some reason. Plenty of space for clothes and to store the suitcase. The breakfast buffet was ample with a wide choice covering everything you could wish for. Tip: The flask of filter coffee is far nicer than anything from the coffee machine. The bar staff were attentive and friendly but the Reception staff could have been a bit more friendly and welcoming. The pool is smaller than it looks on the pictures and if you go in the afternoon there is no chance of getting a sunbed but this is the same at many hotels. The shuttle bus to Umag runs about every 20 mins although the hotel fails to mention there is a charge. This is 20 kuna for adults and 10 kuna for children one way which doesn't seem a lot, but 1 return trip each day for a family of 4 for 7 nights would cost you 840 kuna (£100). The hotel was busy during our stay due to a tennis tournament nearby as we asked to move to a higher floor, not ground but could not. There was also a party night on our first night somewhere very close by as we could still here this at 4am! We didn't use the spa facilities or restaurant for an evening meal so cannot comment. The food at the pool bar was good with friendly staff. Overall a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view otherwise you get the car park
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cheryl w
GeneraManagerITU, Manager at Sol Umag, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear cheryl w,

Thank you for choosinh Sol Umag Residence for your stay.

The whole team of hotel is extremely happy that you have had a nice holiday here.

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers around the world, I am sure that your comments and tips will be of great help for our future guests.

Hope that you had nice time with us and that you will visit us again.

Best regards from Umag.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Room Tip: Bring slippers, a bath towel, tissues and earplugs.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
GeneraManagerITU, Manager at Sol Umag, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I spent a week here in early June 2017. My first impressions were good, check-in was quick and straightforward, my room was clean and well equipped. Overall I had a very relaxing time, spending most mornings by the sea after breakfast, before heading off to town for browsing, shopping and lunch. The food in the hotel is really very good and the range of food on offer is extremely wide and varied. Even the most fussy of eaters could never be disappointed by the choice; personally I eat anything. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly in all aspects of the hotel; the dining room, the personnel looking after the sun lounges but especially the staff on reception. My room was cleaned daily, my towels and bed linen were also changed regularly, so no complaints there. Ok, so everything positive so far and really there are no negatives. But, if I were to offer advice to the manager it would be this: the hotel was very quiet on my arrival so the hotel was quite empty. However the range of dishes was still incredibly varied. When the hotel got busier, on Friday, I detected that the quality of the food improved; not that it was poor beforehand. Maybe it would be better to restrict the choice somewhat if the hotel is less busy and serve them to the higher standard that I experienced during the latter part of my stay. I must emphasise that I was never disappointed with the food. All in all I had a very positive experience staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank TDOG_TonyS
GeneraManagerITU, Manager at Sol Umag, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear TDOG_TonyS,

Thank you for choosing our hotel Sol Umag for your stay and for sharing your experience and tips with all the travellers worldwide , I am sure that they will be very useful for our future guests.

I would like to thank you for your compliments about our hotel and services, they are very big motivation for us and our further work.

Also, thank you for all your constructive comments that you presented to us. You can be sure that they have been taken into consideration and forwarded to right persons.

I hope that your stay was pleasant and that you will visit us again soon,
Until then greetings from Umag.

Lena Petrović Mance

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Stayed for three nights and had nothing really to complain about except that despite paying a single supplement I didn't get a room with a balcony. The room was clean and tidy but there were no tea/coffee making facilities and the bathroom featured towels that were a bit thin and past their best and liquid soap dispensers (I hate them).
Breakfast and Dinner were both buffet style with a very good selection of choices served at the right temperature and regularly replenished. I enjoyed every meal as far as eating it was concerned. BUT those bloody chairs! Our party was allocated long tables in a part of the restaurant that featured huge heavy wrap around chairs that made it very difficult to get up from the table (a pre-requisite of buffet service) and get back in. Having achieved this your arms were then restricted by the sides of the chair making it difficult to eat or drink. I would love to meet the person who thought that these awful chairs were suitable for restaurant use and have a few gentle words with them. In fairness most of the very large room(s) had sensible chairs. (Sorry did I say I had nothing to complain about ?)
The location was superb with the rear terrace of the hotel overlooking the close-by sea and lovely sunset views and with the new resort of Stella Maris (Home of ATP tennis) only a short stroll away.
The staff were all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
GeneraManagerITU, Manager at Sol Umag, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Big-G66,

I would like to thank you in my name and in the name of the staff of hotel Sol Umag for finding time to write your experience about your stay.

Your suggestions are extremely important to us because they are a guide to further improving the quality of our services and they are our guiding line in our efforts that we take in the modernization of our facilities, so thank you for them.

I sincerely hope that you will be a guest of our hotel again.

With best wishes for you and your family, we remain with

Kind regards