All reviews parking garage tennis courts half bath full kitchen living room golf course washer dryer grocery store one bedroom unit small swimming kahaluu beach park ocean view keauhou shopping center short drive both bedrooms big island keauhou bay
Reviewed 15 June 2017

We used our Interval timeshare membership for our two units at the Holua Resort...us from Oahu (locals) and our brother in law and his wife from California...I had no expectations (this way if it's junk you're not disappointed)...Wow I was elated at the size and comfort and kitchen facility...the kitchen had basic utilities glass dishes etc but bring your own spices and oil and foil and ziplock items before you go so you can shop and cook at least breakfast (this place great but no dining facility)...had nice grills to use so we made grill chicken veggies then at lunch fajitas the next day....the staff all locals super fun and accommodating...nice pool...relaxing atmosphere....

Room Tip: if you are handi-cap (wheelchair or elderly hard time walking far etc) ask for ground unit close to parking
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kathy808
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We rented a 2 bedroom condo, and it turns out the unit had 3 bedrooms. 2 downstairs and the master suite upstairs which is were the kitchen/dining area is. The unit was spotless, spacious and quitet. I was not expecting a water view - so I was thrilled that we could watch the sunset every night.

The staff were topnotch and we received a phone call asking if we needed anything and how we liked our unit. This would be my first choice if we get the chance to get to Kona again. Everything was GREAT!

Room Tip: We reserved a 2 room unit and it was fabulous, quiet and a view of the sea.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank iglooeyes
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

We loved these Condo Resort. We were in 13-85. Very spacious and great view of the ocean and also golf course and gardens. Everyone of the staff was always very nice and helpful. We did do the timeshare at Kona West Resort presentation but Myrna gave us hour guarantee with no high pressure and it really gave us great discounts. Both my husband and I loved these Condos better than Kona Resort Wyndham. I would definitely come back. The washer and dryer was a plus. Also kitchen was well stocked with everything we needed. Cooked breakfast most days and used the grills too. If you are looking for a very clean and quiet place I would highly recommend. Go to Walmart on Henry Street for groceries. Ww went into Kona several times during the week and was easy to get there. Love Love this place. Myrna booked us some really great tours and she was always so helpful no matter what our questions were.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Average resort, spacious rooms, needs updating but will do the job, friendly staff, it's basically like renting an apartment, no cleaning or towel exchange till the 4 day mark. Located 5 minutes drive from a shopping center. Quiet place with small pool for each section of buildings.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Alexis N, Owner Care at Holua Resort at The Mauna Loa Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Thank you for this feedback. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. Please let us know if there are opportunities to make your stay better in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights for our honeymoon but due to limited availability we had the 2 bedroom and bathroom villa. I was glad we got this as it was spacious that you could have at least 6-8 people in this villa. It was over two floors (bedrooms downstairs and kitchen and living room upstairs).

The location for this villa was perfect and had plenty to offer (swimming pools, garden area - also for BBQ and tennis courts). The place was kept in such high maintenance and you couldn't expect anything more.

I would however recommend that you have your own transportation to get around to the restaurants. But the accommodation was perfect!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple