After countless hours of searching I decided on this property for our family vacation and could not have been happier. We booked through VRBO and C.J. Kimberley Realtors. The rental process was easy and the booking agents very professional.
The moment you arrive at the Surf and Racquet club you feel yourself start to relax as this lush property is so beautifully landscaped. This unit is ground floor, oceanfront and at the end of the building. I was also looking at a townhouse but found this unit so much nicer. The view and privacy is unbeatable! Your parking spot is right out front and the barbecues are there too in a covered patio area with tables and chairs.
We are a family of four - two adults, one 20 yr old and one 18 yr old. This was our first trip to Hawaii from near Toronto, Canada. We arrived Dec. 23rd and stayed through Christmas and New Year's. There was a grocery store only 5 minutes away with everything needed and the condo itself was well stocked with spices, condiments and Kona coffee. Planning to tour the island, the coolers, freezer packs, beach towels and beach umbrella were a welcome addition.
It was warm in Keahou during our stay but with the windows and doors open we were always kept comfortable by the ocean breezes. The King size beds were also very comfortable so everyone slept well.
This location was a great base to tour the island from with easy access to Ali'i drive (the road that runs along the ocean and into Kona) and the belt highway #11 from Ali'i Drive and Kamehameha III Road.
Here's a list of some of the things we did while staying:
- awoke in paradise to the sound of tropical birds
- watched the sunrise and set over the ocean from the lanai
- spotted whales, kayakers, paddlers and boats
- walked the beautiful property and enjoyed the lovely and very private beach
- barbecued steaks while talking to other travellers doing the same
- attended Christmas Eve church service at Mokuaikaua - Hawaii's oldest Christian church
- shopped at the Kona market, downtown Kona, Keauhou shopping centre, and many others outside of Kona
- dined at Sam Choy's, Peaberry and Galette, Splashers Grill, Kona Brewing
- scuba diving trip with Jack's Diving Locker
- manta ray night snorkel with Hang Loose Tours
- snorkelled at Kahaluu Beach and "Two Step"
- toured Pu'uhonua O Honaunau
- luau at Sheraton Kona
- seahorse farm and octopus farm
- volcano/waterfall helicopter tour
We also drove to Waikoloa, Waimea, Hilo, Kilauea and Mauna Kea. Our only regret is not having more time to relax and enjoy this beautiful property. I hope to return and will recommend this vacation rental to everyone I know.
Stayed: December 2016
Recommended for: Family (lots of space and things to do)
Business (wifi, close to highways, easy drive from airport)
Children (lots of space, pool, beach,)
Romantic getaway (beautiful tropical surroundings, private)
Solo (relaxing, wonderful view, private)
Culture (close to several historic sites, art galleries and entertainment in Kona)
Couple (relaxing, wonderful view, private)
Shopping (nearby grocery, markets in Kona, exclusive shops in Waikoloa)
Groups (gathering areas around barbecues, pool, etc..)
Adventure seekers (diving, surfing, helicopter tours, cliff jumping)
Friends (has everything)
Activities (manta ray night snorkel, diving, snorkelling at two step and Kahaluu park, cycling if you rent bikes, shopping at the Kona Market, dinner or luau at Sheraton)
City recommendation: Yes (Beautifully well maintained grounds and location right on the ocean with easy highway access and not too far from Kona for nightlife and restaurants)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Description: The Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club Resort is a 4-star resort located in Keauhou on the sunny Kona Coast of the Big Island, Hawaii. The resort is adjacent to a sandy beach and was once the residence of four Hawaiian kings including the Great King Kamehameha. There are 197 privately-owned units at the resort with 77 townhouses and 120 condos with some beachfront and many oceanfront units along with ocean and fairway view condos. Townhouse #48 is a charming yet elegant condo situated in the Keauhou Kona Surf & Racquet Club only steps from the beautiful Kona beaches. The condo is stocked with everything you need to enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Keauhou Kona Surf And Racquet Club Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Keauhou Kona Surf & Racquet Club Hawaii/Kailua-Kona