“Great place to eat and get liquid aloha”

Kona Brewing Company Pub & Brewery
Ranked #20 of 302 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The 2,000-square-foot outdoor lanai, surrounded by lush tropical vegetation and tiki torches, offers seating for 175 patrons. Customers also can enjoy a cool meal or beverage inside the air-conditioned bar area at one of several surrounding tables or at the koa U-shaped bar itself. Inside the bar area is the retail store, stocked with colorful T-shirts, hats, towels, coasters, mugs and much more.
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Came here to visit and decided to stay for lunch. Of course the beers were awesome, that is why you see them everywhere in Hawaii. Yeah Wish we could have tried more food because every plate that came out of the kitchen looked really good. We ordered two pizzas, the captain cook(meats and olives) and a jalapeño popper pizza. Definitely order the popper, it was great.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,564)

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Great place to chill with friends.
The beer is nice and cold and they have a great selection to sample.
We tried the small samplers to get the idea of the different styles of beer that they produce.
The variety of food is good and the portions are of a good size. Small gift shop is cool.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Today I tried a new seasonal the Purple Grain. Nice and smooth, light chai aftertaste. Pizza is always good, best way to start time on the big island.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Similar to past visits - just continues to be busier!
Service - particularly hostess station a bit cold and non caring
Food was fine. Beer always good
Like everything - more business shows in the producy

Reviewed 16 August 2017

6 years ago, we visited Kona Brewery and we were blown away by the quality of beer and food.

We revisited the Big Island this past month, and we were sure to stop by Kona Brewing for dinner. I had a flight of beers, and my husband had a couple. That Koko Brown is still outstanding, but the other beers were all too light for me (they were supposed to be full of flavors like mango, lychee, lavendar, chai, etc.). I barely got the essence of any of the flavors in my beers. Wish they'd be more bold in the brew process!

Our pizza was just okay, and I thought the prices were kind of high..even for the Big Island where everything costs and arm and a leg. To top things off (and yes, we were sitting outside), a roach crawled across my husband's foot while we were dining. I know we were outside, but it still made me lose my appetite completely.

We were far more impressed by the Big Island Brewhaus is Waimea. That place is FABULOUS. Flavorful beer and great, locally sourced food (yeah, Kona Brewing, you could earn major points if you got your meat from ethical, local sources!). You're a big corporation now, Kona (owned by InBev, I believe? So, Anheuser Busch (which we are familiar with since we live in St. Louis)), so it's time to start doing things RIGHT.

Also, our server took FOREVER to do anything. I don't know if she was out back smoking or just overloaded, but it took sooo long to get our orders in, our beer, our food, and (especially) our check (well after we were finished).