“Just exactly what I wanted casual atmosphere with great food”

Huggo's On The Rocks
Ranked #19 of 295 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opened in 1998 in the waterfront location adjacent to Huggo's fine dining restaurant, On the Rocks is a come as you are, kau kau (eat) great food with sand between your toes, kick back and enjoy great island entertainment center of fun on Hawaii Island. "After operating Huggo's restaurant for 18 years, we had the opportunity to purchase the vacant lot right next door and we jumped at it," Eric says. "The concept is what you see today - a casual bar and restaurant set literally on the rocks and sand of Kailua-Bay. Like many locals, we were tired of driving 20 miles or more up the coast to enjoy this sort of relaxed resort ambiance and decided to create just that right here in town."
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Delicious food and great location have now tried all three of the restraints owned by the same group ALL are well done, ocean front and good food.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Great burgers, service and music!!! We were in the area for the evening after a long day traveling south and saw that this place had live music and was right on the water. The music was outstanding, the Mai tais were very good, our server was very accommodating and my burger with blue cheese and bacon was CRAZY good!! If we ever go back, I will definitely go back again!

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Four of us had lunch there. So glad we did. Amazing view of the ocean great entertainment
The musicians were very talented. It made for a relaxing lunch. The food was very good I'm still
Thinking about that great desert. I wish I could have had dinner there. If you get a chance it's a must!

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Went with friends and had an on the sand table. The lunch menu was extensive and priced at usual Kona rates. I had the soup and salad combo which was under $10. Soup was good and the salad was a huge portion. My friends split the mini burgers which came with 3 burgers and one side. Was enough for 2. Also one friend had the Kailua pork sandwich which was huge and also included one side. Food was good, service was good and ambience was great

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Has become one of the more popular spots. Super casual with beach sand floor. Grea view. Can be hot in sun. Great at sundown. Food/drinks the usual