“Definitely the best burger!!”

Island Ono Loa Grill
Ranked #21 of 295 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Delicious American char-grilled food with Hawaiian influences, served quickly and inexpensively. Featuring as many local ingredients as we can, including the delicious Punalu'u Bake Shop Hawaiian sweetbread buns for almost all of our sandwiches, goat cheese from Hawaii Island Goat Dairy, lettuce raised in Waimea, and tomatoes from Oahu. All of our burgers, fish, chicken and hot dogs are char-grilled for smokey goodness! We're the only place on the entire Big Island to get Vienna Beef hot dogs, the best hot dogs in the world! And we're also the only place in the state of Hawaii to get that Midwestern classic, the pork tenderloin sandwich. The sweetbread makes them amazing! Our French fries and onion rings are fresh cut every day. We lightly batter our onion rings, which makes them crunchy and delicious! Do you want to taste what fresh fish tastes like char-grilled? It's amazing, and we offer it here. We only offer fish caught here in Hawaii, and it's never, ever frozen. It's wonderful to live in a place where you can eat fish pulled out of local waters! We're a little hard to find but worth the effort. We're in the back of Ali'i Sunset Plaza, behind Lava Java and The Sandal Stop.
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The really lovely guy that served us here said they make the best burgers on the island and wow I have to say one of the best burgers I've actually ever had. Super delicious and really lovely vibe in the place. If you visit Big Island make the trip here to grab a great burger

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

They claim to have the best burgers on Big Island and honestly they are.
I recommend this place highly..

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This place is off the beaten path and if you you there A frame sign you will miss a good dish. The prices are affordable if you were not in Hawaii, but they are extremely well priced. My wife ordered the roasted poblano peppercheese burger with fries. The hamburger was extremely juicy, well flavorful, and a good size. The fies were a large order and very tasty. I had the Hot Mess which is the Kalua pork swiss cheese, egg, and spicy mayo which was very filling very tasteful. ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Oh my goodness! I wanted a GOOD cheeseburger. I didn't want a yucky cheeseburger I wanted a good, juicy, fatty you have to wipe your hands off when you're done cheeseburger. We googled a bunch which most were hit or miss reviews, and finally found this place. It's a small place, but it will not disappoint. My husband and my mother had the volcano burger and they both commented how yummy it was. It has a jalapeno cream cheese sauce that was great. I just wanted a regular cheeseburger with the fixings and it did not disappoint; it actually went above and beyond my expectations ( which for me is difficult as I love good food). I ate it so fast, everybody at the table was laughing. We also had onion rings which were battered and fried versus breaded which is always better. The staff was very friendly, and the food was pretty quick. You could actually see them making it. One thing we all laughed about was they said on their menu "we do not grass feed our meat as it is not as tasty" and they are so right. I could have eaten another!

YUMMMMMYYYYYYY!!!!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Been to Kona three times and this is our first visits to the Island ono loa Grille, we went twice. It is basically a 'burger joint' but the burgers are very good. The guys are the front desk were both great. Easy to talk to and OK with answering questions.If you are diving around Kona visit our not for profit blog havecarryonwilltravel.com. Both encounters I opted for the PB and bacon burger. Excellent. I am a huge peanut butter fan and in fact use PB as a condiment on my burgers at home. The fries are also very good but it is too much food for me and on the second visit I declined the side order and shared my wife's. Worth a visit.