All reviews bedroom apartment office staff was friendly decent room first floor office area clean place to stay would stay here again free shuttle spent one night coffee pot mini fridge two nights the ground floor nice stay small boat harbor beds were comfortable alaska
Reviewed 7 August 2017

The hotel is basic but is kept quite clean and they use Alaskan style decor so the room looked small, but fine. The lobby is tiny. Staff was nice. Outside doors. Wifi worked.
While the hotel seemed pretty quiet, the walls seemed a little thin and the sound of the shower from above was loud at 5 a.m. I'd ask for an upstairs room, which I think would be quieter and lighter since stairs block the light in some rooms.
I'd be OK staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We had room # 26 which was on the first floor and there were several tables outside that we could and did use.
The room was plain,clean,everything worked and the lighting really lit up the room(unlike many fancier hotels
Our room did not have a microwave or fridge
The office was very helpful but it did not open until 8am.
Since we only used the room to sleep it worked for us.
We would stay here again

Reviewed 27 July 2017

2 night stay. Single queen room was clean and functional...dated with few frills (no usual motel artwork on the walls). Room had a coffee maker, microwave, tv, and small fridge which was nice. Bath/shower had a wall mounted gel dispenser so no bottles of shampoo, conditioner, etc. Front office had to be called about the wifi but they did get it working rather quickly (within 30 min). No laundry room or morning breakfast.

A definite Plus: Seward has a great free shuttle system (little yellow school bus) with about a dozen stops around town, and this is one of the stops. You can also walk to the harbor area in about 10-12 minutes.

My wife and I booked an all day fishing charter and just needed a place to crash so this room did fine. I wouldn't mind staying here again, but my first preference would be to check for a room in the harbor area near shopping and eateries.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was quiet enough. Having come off a cruise, 5 loaded suitcases up and down the stairs was a bit of work, tho.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Fred F
Reviewed 25 July 2017

My wife and I enjoyed the warm hospitality and friendliness of the staff at Harborview Inn. Room is very clean. Mattress needs to be upgraded as it was soft. But everything else was wonderful. Thank you.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Lots of road noise, blinds didn't work but gave a discount - knew that going in, shower spa was disabled so I couldn't hurt myself, had problems with the coffee pot - the bottom wasn't correct so it overflowed because it didn't think the pot was under it. Couldn't enjoy the mountain view because of the blinds. Couldn't open the windows to cool off because of the road noise. At least they had decent coffee in the lobby. Would not stay there again unless it was the last room. .