Skovshoved Hotel
Schaeffergarden(Gentofte Municipality)
Scandic Eremitage(Kongens Lyngby)
Charlottehaven(Copenhagen)
View Hotel
Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen(Copenhagen)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Privatelodging(Gladsaxe Municipality)
View Hotel
Hotel 9 Smaa Hjem(Copenhagen)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe pubcity centrecharming hotelseawalksdenmarkstylecopenhagenmeetingboutiquenotebathingdeliverycrowdkrorecord
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2017

What a magical hotel with such history in a most charming location. We arrived after nearly 30 hours of traveling and immediately felt at home and pleased we had made the choice to stay out of Copenhagen city area. The breakfast was delicious, the local town was delightful and we enjoyed taking many walks around the local neighbourhood and the marina. Our room was large, the view beautiful.

Room Tip: we requested a corner room on the top floor which was excellent
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Pia R, Direktør at Skovshoved Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. We deeply appreciate your comments and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The single most charming (friendly and accommodating ) boutique hotel I've ever stayed at - on this side of the Atlantic. (The Griswold inn in Essex Ct - holds the record in the States:).

The 3rd floor corner room #26 receives the most amazing bouquet of colors throughout the day into sunset. I also had the benefit of several clear evenings with a full moon.

Enjoying wine on your own private balcony or simply sitting at the desk from inside (desk slightly repositioned of course so that I'm staring out at the gorgeous water views of the Oresund and the sailboats coming in) as I work.

The charming, hospitable and friendly staff won my heart as they explained I was visiting during the slow season and went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I wanted.

And on top of that - you have 3 different eating/dining / drinking environments to chose from: their own restaurant (fantastic breakfast) the crow pub with a pool table next door and even a take out gourmet food spot - all under the same roof.

Simply put... park yourself here, grab a bike and pedal in either direction to explore and then return to your oasis of charming, warm and friendly solitude.

Yes ... I found my Hygge.:)

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Really loud music until 01:45… Reception told me it is from the pub next door. The room was pretty small and not very clean (shower head was really disgusting… ).
The reception gave me free breakfast (nice, but with limited selection) due to the above, but 1349 DKK for such a room is not really a bargain…
Location is really nice and good parking facilities.
I am not impressed…

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Pia R, Direktør at Skovshoved Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2016

Dear MarcoPolo Denmark
Thank you very much for your review which we, despite the negative comments deeply appreciate. This is our only way to get better.
I am though, terribly sorry to hear that you didn't get a full nights sleep due to our neighboors' loud music. We are sorry!
Or challenge regarding noise lies within the fact that our neighbor, The Pub in the same building as us, is owned separatety. We do have a strict agreement that the music is 'kept indoor' and that they after midnight turn down the music and/or make sure that all doors and windows are closed.
This they did obviously not live up to this particular day and I have spoken to him about this.
Also your comments about the showerhead is taken very serious as this is something that we check on an on-goings basis.
We hope to welcome you back in the future and here show you, that your words were taken serioulsly.
Best regards
Pia Remillard

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Now I have had an interesting experience here in the past but I got over it. This time it was amazing. It was the day of the Christmas beer delivery. The Kro is a wonderful old Danish bar with steakflesk (look it up) served with the best parsley sauce ever. Beautiful staff like thomas served us like royalty on the busiest day of the year. You want Danish hospitality, well this is it. Forget nyhavn and forget modern silly restaurants, this is old fashioned hospitality. The girls at the front desk are gorgeous and gave all of us bathing gowns to go and jump in the sea like vikings. I will be there for Christmas beer every year.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Pia R, Direktør at Skovshoved Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Thank you so much for your review...
We look so much forward to welcoming you back every year and will make sure that you have both a good KRO experience and bathing gowns for your swim...
Best regards Pia Remillard

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

The hotel is very pretty both outside and inside. A cute little building, very romantic.
The room was ok. Nice big cushions on the bed were the best feature of the room. The bathroom was also just ok. The Molton Brown toileteries did not make up for the non practical rather old fashioned bathroom. There was a 10cm glass shelf which could not hold anything and had to use the toilet seat cover for my cosmetics. The shower was good but the glass door did not seal properly which caused water to leak.
Breakfast was ok but had to pay extra for my latte which I found petty bearing in mind I paid DKK195 for breakfast.
All in all, a great place to visit for lunch or dinner, but not to stay. At least not for DKK1500 a night.
Room tip: choose a room that faces the front of the building not the back. The view is so much better.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review. We deeply appreciate your taking the time to give us your feed back.
I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations regarding the bathroom. We will do what we can to seal the shower door and avoid further leaks.
The price for breakfast is dkk 155 including a nice filter coffee and espresso coffees we charge extra for. I am sorry if you were not properly informed and felt that you paid to much. We hope to be able to welcome you back so you can se that we haven taken your words seriously.
All the best, Pia Remillard