US$157
US$119
  • Breakfast included
US$172
Orbitz.com
All reviewsthe pubfew daysdowntown copenhagenbeautiful hotelper personrestaurant staffseawalksstyledenmarkbuscoastinteriorcharmmeetingnoteboutique
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Slightly faded grandeur and modestly disorganised running of this hotel and restaurant did not detract from a friendly stay or distract from the setting on a lovely stretch of coastline north of Copenhagen. But the 'superior' bedroom and lobby decoration was tired and despite booking half board there was a doubt about table availability for dinner. All ended well.
The colourful, wealthy Copenhageners provided an entertaining crowd over a Friday night cocktail in the still smart and swanky lounge, first to a lively DJ set and then over very leisurely delivery of courses at the dinner table.
This is a great location for those wanting a break from the city centre. It is an easy 4 km walk to the Ordrupgaard gallery or to enjoy a coastal walk.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2017

I like the charm of the hotel but we had a small room facing nothing. The price we paid, I would of thought I would of got the Penthouse!
Its a nice hotel with helpful staff but I wont return due to the price.

Room Tip: try and get a room on the top floor, sea facing
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2017

What a magical hotel with such history in a most charming location. We arrived after nearly 30 hours of traveling and immediately felt at home and pleased we had made the choice to stay out of Copenhagen city area. The breakfast was delicious, the local town was delightful and we enjoyed taking many walks around the local neighbourhood and the marina. Our room was large, the view beautiful.

Room Tip: we requested a corner room on the top floor which was excellent
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Pia R, Direktør at Skovshoved Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. We deeply appreciate your comments and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The single most charming (friendly and accommodating ) boutique hotel I've ever stayed at - on this side of the Atlantic. (The Griswold inn in Essex Ct - holds the record in the States:).

The 3rd floor corner room #26 receives the most amazing bouquet of colors throughout the day into sunset. I also had the benefit of several clear evenings with a full moon.

Enjoying wine on your own private balcony or simply sitting at the desk from inside (desk slightly repositioned of course so that I'm staring out at the gorgeous water views of the Oresund and the sailboats coming in) as I work.

The charming, hospitable and friendly staff won my heart as they explained I was visiting during the slow season and went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I wanted.

And on top of that - you have 3 different eating/dining / drinking environments to chose from: their own restaurant (fantastic breakfast) the crow pub with a pool table next door and even a take out gourmet food spot - all under the same roof.

Simply put... park yourself here, grab a bike and pedal in either direction to explore and then return to your oasis of charming, warm and friendly solitude.

Yes ... I found my Hygge.:)

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Really loud music until 01:45… Reception told me it is from the pub next door. The room was pretty small and not very clean (shower head was really disgusting… ).
The reception gave me free breakfast (nice, but with limited selection) due to the above, but 1349 DKK for such a room is not really a bargain…
Location is really nice and good parking facilities.
I am not impressed…

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Pia R, Direktør at Skovshoved Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2016

Dear MarcoPolo Denmark
Thank you very much for your review which we, despite the negative comments deeply appreciate. This is our only way to get better.
I am though, terribly sorry to hear that you didn't get a full nights sleep due to our neighboors' loud music. We are sorry!
Or challenge regarding noise lies within the fact that our neighbor, The Pub in the same building as us, is owned separatety. We do have a strict agreement that the music is 'kept indoor' and that they after midnight turn down the music and/or make sure that all doors and windows are closed.
This they did obviously not live up to this particular day and I have spoken to him about this.
Also your comments about the showerhead is taken very serious as this is something that we check on an on-goings basis.
We hope to welcome you back in the future and here show you, that your words were taken serioulsly.
Best regards