“Great ropa vieja”

Papi's Cuban & Caribbean Grill
Ranked #10 of 310 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: You don't have to travel to Cuba or the Caribbean to experience the flavors that are indigenous to the tropics. Papi's brings all the essence of the South Seas to you, with attention to authenticity and an adherence to the recipes of generations.
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Had the ropa vieja, black beans and rice on the Friday lunch special. Meat tender, beans nicely seasoned. Also had a half sandwich of ropa vieja on Cuban bread, it was quite tasty served like that. Quick service, friendly waitress.

Management response:Responded 25 October 2016

Hola, Linda! We're so pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed our Friday Lunch Special. Thank you for stopping by and leaving us such a wonderful review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

We always stop at Papi's Cuban and Caribbean Grill when going through Atlanta area. Try Rey's Cuban Sandwich (large enough to share) and Whatever you do order the Plantain Chips with garlic sauce.........YUMMY!!

Management response:Responded 20 October 2016

Gracias, Teddie! We're so glad you love our Cuban Sandwich, and we hope to see you again soon for another one!

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Got takeout while staying at a local
Hotel. The service was easy and the order was ready in ten minutes.

I'm Cuban, so I put the food to the test. The croquetas were good! Ordered the bistec de palomilla, which was good. A little salty, but I'm used to not using salt when I cook. The rice and black beans were good and steak came with sweet plantains. I also got an order of the fried bananas. Everything was delicious!

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Found this restaurant on a Google search driving through Atlanta from Florida heading home. This was a great find. Had my family with me all 9 of us. The atmosphere and food was awesome. Service was good. The mofongo was delicious. A must try. My new go to as we pass through.

Management response:Responded 7 October 2016

Thanks for stopping by! We're thrilled to hear we impressed you and your family on your first visit, and we hope to see you again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

I recently met a colleague for lunch and he wanted to meet at Papi's, a wonderful Cuban restaurant where I had eaten previously. We met there and were seated immediately by a very friendly and helpful staff. Most were speaking Spanish and some are from Cuba.

We started with the Empanada appetizer platter, which featured 4 different empanadas. They were delicious. My colleague had the pork platter special and I had my favorite, the traditional Cuban sandwich with black beans and rice. The meal was outstanding. Our waiter was a lovely young man from Brazil who was friendly, helpful and attentive.

We had a few minutes before our next meeting so we decided to indulge in a coffee con leche, rich Cuban coffee with milk and sugar. It was delicious.

We sat and talked business over coffee for some time and the staff was very hospitable and attentive. This restaurant is outstanding. It is not elegant, very basic. However, it is authentic and delicious. If you like Cuban food, do not miss Papi's. It is the real thing.

1  Thank atljpb
Management response:Responded 27 September 2016

We're so pleased to have impressed you on your business lunch. Thank you for stopping by and leaving us your feedback, and we hope to see you again very soon!