“Yummy Cuban/Caribbean Comfort Food!”
Review of Pollo Tropical

Pollo Tropical
Ranked #74 of 310 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Yes, it's fast food, but so good! We each got the 1/4 chicken, black beans & rice and a roll meal (% bucks, can you believe it??) I don't know what they do to their checken (maybe the marinade?) but it is sooooo good, so delicious, so moist...Lots of interesting sauces at the "sauce island". We tried the guava BBQ and the curry sauce, both good. No line (late lunch), fast service, good food, but no clean tables (so...this wasn't a "5")

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Visited 2 separate locals - same menu. Different results. One place had dried chicken; other chicken good BUT had to wait on line for 15 minutes. Would have left but was stuck in drive thru and could not exit. Rice clumpy. Beans okay. Both could use more seasoning. Not likely to return.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

I was eating at Pollo Tropical a couple of times a week after the gym. I loved the place for it's healthy foods.
I was there today about 2:15 p.m. I couldn't believe how nasty the place was behind the counter where they were preparing the food. There was food all around the serving pans. The food that I could see looked dried out . Truly it was disgusting. The guy behind the counter assisting in preparing the orders most have touched ten different surfaces and the food. A lot of good gloves do in that situation. Yes, a couple of flies were buzzing around.
I mentioned the deplorable condition to the girl at the cash register. She looked over her shoulder said "yeah". Needless to say I walked out of there.
I don't know if there wasn't any managers on duty, but this was totally out of character for this restaurant; it was not busy. As a health care professional, this condition was a health hazard waiting to happen.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

We've been here several times, always end getting the same thing! The lite chicken, with balsamic tomatoes with rice, EXCEPT, I get black beans instead of rice... WELL, yesterday, the greasy headed cashier says, "we can't substitute, because it's on the lite menu, and that by doing a substitution, it will alter the calorie count." I say, "that's OK, I'm fine with the calorie change." He then says, "well, I can't do that!!" I tell him, I get the same thing every time, and they do it. He then tells me, I've been working here a while and I've never done nor heard of that... All, I can do for you, is to order you a side of black beans, as a side!!!! What an idiot!!! I say no thank you, just no rice then.. OK, you're right, I get the unordered rice.... This location is good food, but when I started to leave, I noticed the restaurant score was an 81, I guess the rude, dark greasy headed cashier fit into the cleanliness score.,I wonder if management will read this and do anything about their policy, "the customer is always right, one" ...LOL.... BTW, nowhere posted on the menu, NO Substitutions!!!

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Made another visit to Pollo Tropical today and again the food was good. Not sure if we manage to hit on a good day or what. However there was an issue of long lines and waiting that was no problem for us but a lot of mad people there. It really was not the restaurants fault as they had someone call a huge order in and only gave them an hour to gather it with them still trying to serve the customers that were coming in and going through the drive through. Lesson for those of you who want to visit, if you drive up and the drive through is long and inside line is long just turn around and save your temper. Also if you are a business or group that want to order from here to take out...please use the online order app or call in way ahead of when you need the food so they have time to prepare and it does not impact their other business.

1  Thank lovestoexplore

Been to Pollo Tropical? Share your experiences!