“OK dinner but...”

Los Reyes Mexican Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 May 2015 via mobile

The initial interaction-- our waiter was initially wonderful but towards the end , he kept getting pulled away due to shortage of staff. However, he was a great waiter who got pur entire complicated order straight and was initially very attentive to our group. I know that I had asked if the did anything special for birthdays since it was my son in laws birthday. From the beginning, he told me that they would give a free dessert but could not ding since they were short on staff. That was fine and from the beginning until he delivered the dessert, he was very good. After that point, except to deliver the check ( which was absolutely correct), we never saw him again at our table.

We had to find different waiters to help us and had to ask for ink pen. We were sitting there talking when a different server came over and picked up our payment. I hate that. Old school. I guess, but I never thought it was appropriate for a server to take the final check until you left the table. We never had interact with our server again not could see that he had been pulled to the patio tables.

OK, the Margaretta frozen machine was broken and the regular ones were just OK. The initial hostess was distant. I had to call and see if it was open because there was a fence around it and portable bathrooms outside. My daughter thinks that was in prep for the holiday on Tuesday.

The place has lost some of its glow. Just was not the same place we had visited many times
before. The food was average but the chips were thick and not inviting. My daughter who thinks she I'd an expert did say that the shrimp fajitas were excellent. Even the stuffed pepper which I have enjoyed many times before was only average.

There are many other places like this so I am certain that we will try some of those others before deciding to come back here, if we come back. I just think you can not just exist as a business based on what you used to do but you have to constantly be in a place where people are anxious to return. I am not anxious nor am I sure I will.

Reviewed 15 March 2015 via mobile

Been coming her for 10 years and boy have things changed. Queso came out cold, had to ask them to bring a hot one. Food took forever to come out and once it did, it wasn't good. I ordered steak fajita quesadia, received chicken. The waiter offered to bring it back, but, I said no it took to long to get the first plate. The quesadia had two really little pieces of chicken an a single half inch of bell pepper. When the waiter Brought our check, He asked How the food was and I told him. His answer? Well, it wasn't my fault! Won't go back. Really gone down hill.

Reviewed 13 February 2015

The food is great. Some of the best Mexican food I have ever ate. The employees are super nice and fast. I be a regular now since I have tried it. I am picky about my Mexican food.

Reviewed 9 January 2015

The entrance was in such shabby and unkempt condition we, almost didn't go in. Trash all over the front patio, door opening bar broken. Should have trusted our instincts. It was very cold inside. They said the heat was being fixed. The lighting was so dim (lunch time) that we had to use a flashlight as were some waiters. We both ordered chimichangas. These came covered with a white tasteless sauce. The chimichangas were not crispy, really soggy. The rice was also tasteless.

Reviewed 10 December 2014 via mobile

Three of us sat down and all had fajitas. They were very good which we all agreed but not a lot better than chain restaurants. The decor of the restaurant was pretty cool and the place is massive. Overall, the service was top notch. Drinks were always full and requests were fulfilled quickly. We even got a refill on chips without asking. It's definitely worth trying the place out if you like Mexican food. There's also a large menu and multiple choices and portion sizes.