Free cancellation until 27/07
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$119
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsin townlarge roomfridge and microwavedvd playerground floorferry terminalfree shuttlewalking distance to everythingcomfortable bedmotel stylecotton budsfriend's housenight's sleepstone's throwtv showclean roomsmain street
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

I had a nice stay at this motel, the room was super clean and inviting.

Once in the room there is a big double bed, bedside tables, television, dining table and a heater, through to the bathroom there's a bath with shower over the top and obviously a sink and toilet, there was also some toiletries provided such as; shampoo, conditioner, tissues, cotton buds, etc.

Outside the room there was also a microwave and fridge and tea and coffee facilities in the main lodge.

Overall I had a pleasant stay here, the owners were super friendly. The location was excellent.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Room was very nice, quiet and comfortable and clean. The office area was a bit of a mess but this adds to the character of the place. Office area has a fairly extensive "leave a book/take a book" area - nice! Staff are all wonderful folks. Overall, would definitely recommend Sgt. Preston's Lodge. Walking distance to everything. Oh wait, this is Skagway. Everything is walking distance.

Room Tip: Had a room on the 7th Ave side - was a fair amount of traffic early in the evening but almost no traffic by bed time.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kurt M
Reviewed 25 August 2016

I enjoyed my stay at Sgt Preston's. If you like a small eclectic place and a chance to chat with the owners you'll be comfortable here. Nothing fancy but clean and cozy. I felt welcome. Hiked the Chilkoot trail so I started and ended my visit to Skagway here. Skagway is small and walkable and this hotel is centrally located.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Very central. When I drove to the lodge, the outside left me a little unsure. I went into the lobby to check in and the owners were there, very friendly and very helpful.

When I went to go check on my room, I was pleasantly surprised. The room offered everything I needed, comfortable bed, place to put my luggage and a nice bathroom.

I must say, the room was very clean. There are various buildings surrounding a central courtyard. Each building has a few private guest rooms. My building had two other doors which I would assume are two other rooms.

I will be in Skagway again next month and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Close to mainstreet.
They pick you up at train Station.
Very Clean rooms
Free coffee
In the room you have: fridge, microwave and enough space. Only a small table and a chair is missing. Outside there is a table and a chair.
Very friendly staff.

Only a very short walk from the mainstreet away.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family