“Good carpentry work; looks like a jack of all trades owns this.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skagway
Sgt. Preston's Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Skagway
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Nice family owns this. We stayed in two different rooms at two different times. Very homey and comfortable. The newer addition in the back probably is in better shape, but my husband enjoyed all the carpentry work done in the older wing. Very nice!!
It was like going to visit in your best friend's house. Lobby is open for coffee and hot drinks. Love talking to the ladies who work at the desk, also to the man who lives in SF and comes here to work in the summer. It's nice that they visited with us. We felt welcome. Beds were great. Everything we needed for a good rest.

Room Tip: Older rooms are closer to the lobby where you can go for morning coffee.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RetiredSecretary

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

I had a nice stay at this motel, the room was super clean and inviting.

Once in the room there is a big double bed, bedside tables, television, dining table and a heater, through to the bathroom there's a bath with shower over the top and obviously a sink and toilet, there was also some toiletries provided such as; shampoo, conditioner, tissues, cotton buds, etc.

Outside the room there was also a microwave and fridge and tea and coffee facilities in the main lodge.

Overall I had a pleasant stay here, the owners were super friendly. The location was excellent.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Room was very nice, quiet and comfortable and clean. The office area was a bit of a mess but this adds to the character of the place. Office area has a fairly extensive "leave a book/take a book" area - nice! Staff are all wonderful folks. Overall, would definitely recommend Sgt. Preston's Lodge. Walking distance to everything. Oh wait, this is Skagway. Everything is walking distance.

Room Tip: Had a room on the 7th Ave side - was a fair amount of traffic early in the evening but almost no tra...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kurt M
Reviewed 25 August 2016

I enjoyed my stay at Sgt Preston's. If you like a small eclectic place and a chance to chat with the owners you'll be comfortable here. Nothing fancy but clean and cozy. I felt welcome. Hiked the Chilkoot trail so I started and ended my visit to Skagway here. Skagway is small and walkable and this hotel is centrally located.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Very central. When I drove to the lodge, the outside left me a little unsure. I went into the lobby to check in and the owners were there, very friendly and very helpful.

When I went to go check on my room, I was pleasantly surprised. The room offered everything I needed, comfortable bed, place to put my luggage and a nice bathroom.

I must say, the room was very clean. There are various buildings surrounding a central courtyard. Each building has a few private guest rooms. My building had two other doors which I would assume are two other rooms.

I will be in Skagway again next month and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skagway
0.4 km away
Historic Skagway Inn
#3 of 5 in Skagway
26.7 km away
House No. 1 Fort Seward B&B

Been to Sgt. Preston's Lodge? Share your experiences!