Aux Vieux Remparts
US$98
  • Restaurant
L'Hotel du Marais Romilly(Romilly-sur-Seine)
US$45
US$43
US$91
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Provins(Provins)
TripAdvisor
Hotel du sauvage(La Ferte-Gaucher)
  • Pool
Logis Auberge de Nicey(Romilly-sur-Seine)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeautiful hotellocation is greatspaperfectionparistownsites
Reviewed 7 June 2015

Brilliant food, nice accomodation.... what more to say.

Access is exciting, given that its tucked onto a corner of the town square and that was laid out when most traffic was scarcely bigger than donkey and cart. There is parking.

The room and bathroom were very modern and comfortable whilst entirely in character, but lacked a few basics. A plug for the washbasin.... please! For some reason I take my glasses off when I wash my face or shower, so where can I put them? Most hotels generically have too little space to put things in their bathrooms - even travelling on business alone I make that complaint! This hotel room was worse than most for that. Any small stool/table/shelf would be a help, and there was space for it.

Beef was over-cooked - I heard three tables comment privately, and one actually sent theirs back. They were told that they did not understand the meaning of "saignant". Mine was fine, although I would have preferred it nearer to rare.

Room Tip: Has wifi, but no internet access from it. That seems normal in France - really!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2015

We have stayed at this hotel twice since I wrote my last review, mainly because of the amazing dinners we have eaten in the restaurant and also it is a very pleasant hotel in a beautiful town. However, this third visit was extremely disappointing! We had told our friends how sensational the food was, lovely hotel etc so they asked to join us on this trip. The wonderful maitre d' of the last two occasions was not on duty, we waited 10 minutes before being asked if we wished to have an aperitif, we chose some wine, we waited another 5 minutes before the waiter brought the wrong one. The head waitress who had taken our original order, did not look amused as we explained to waiter this was not the one we had ordered. Eventually correct bottle arrived all well. Then Madame the waitress arrived to take our orders, she repeatedly corrected our French pronunciation and was definitely offish. 2 of our party order filet de boeuf cooked saignant ie rare. To cut a long story short when it arrived well done and quite honestly grey in the middle, Madame the waitress assured us this was 'saignant' . As we were with friends, we did not wish to cause a scene. However, we are sophisticated enough diners to know the difference ! Unacceptable behaviour, and even when we told the lady on reception checking out, she really wasn't interested. Will we return...a resounding 'non' !

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joannaflamingo
Reviewed 25 February 2015 via mobile

Excellent week end in this medieval city we have visited w/ kids in the summer. We took a package with room, massage and diner/breakfast + private spa in the evening ( really worth it as it can be crowded at some hours). We had a beautiful (cold) weather but the city has plenty to offer even during winter time, and service was great overall.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 996franckm
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had never been to Provins, but judged it a convenient stopping off place on our way back to UK. Thank goodness we did - it is a delightful medieval town and Aux Vieux Remparts an absolute winner. We stayed in a traditional chambre with pool and spa access, perfectly comfortable fab bed, wonderful view of church tower outside our large balconied window, separate loo and nice bathroom , very good value for €100. We dined in the restaurant where the service was impeccable and very discreet, head waiter fantastic. It was one of the best meals we have ever eaten in France and we have eaten lots!!! The foie gras wonderful, beef aged to perfection but the piece de resistance had to be my pudding, a chef's selection of rose desserts . I'd go back for that pudding alone - it was Amazing! Excellent wine selection , staff great , wonderful evening. And yes, I am going back for that pudding in a couple of months!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had lunch with my daughter and it was an amazing moment. All amuses bouches were excellent, starter based on poached eggs are really good, but more than all was the dessert based on rose flavour. A souffle that was absolutelly perfect.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family