Aux Vieux Remparts
US$137
US$128
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel du sauvage(La Ferte-Gaucher)
US$101
  • Pool
US$91
Ibis Provins(Provins)
  • Restaurant
L'Hotel du Marais Romilly(Romilly-sur-Seine)
TripAdvisor
Logis Auberge de Nicey(Romilly-sur-Seine)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeautiful hotellocation is greatspaperfectionparistownsites
Reviewed 18 September 2017

had some very nice features (clean, luxurious, nice location, romantic) but some things could have been more taken care of (no coffee/tea/water in the room, quite limited breakfast, very crowded spa/swimming pool area)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Relais du Silence Hotels
Charlotte O, Chargée de Communication at Aux Vieux Remparts, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

We thank you for having chosen our hotel “Aux Vieux Remparts”.
We are pleased that you took the time to share your impressions on TripAdvisor and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Charlotte OBRINGER

Reviewed 30 June 2017

My wife, son and I stopped here for lunch on 26 June. The courtyard was very nice, there was a board with a 'Menu du Jour' which looked good. We got a table for 3...and everything went downhill from there. We waited for ages and no-one gave us a menu until my wife went to look for one. My wife and I ordered a starter and main course from the menu du jour and my son ordered a burger from the main menu. After a lengthy wait, the starters (a seafood pate / mousse and a tabouleh with smoked salmon) arrived and were very poor - small and lacking any taste. then, nothing. We waited and waited for the main course, no one cleared the starters and, meanwhile, we noticed others who had arrived after us getting served. Eventually, having waited for over an hour, I went to enquire what had happened. A waiter came to our table and muttered something incomprehensible and left. We decided we had had enough and we would leave. I told the lady who seemed to be in charge and asked for the bill for what we had - 1 coke, 1 small glass of wine, a bottle of water and 2 starters. She gave me the bill for €45! She had charged €28 for the 2 starters (the menu du jour for 2 courses was €29). I told her this was outrageous - terrible service, bad food and then a bill of this amount. She couldn't have cared less. Eventually she said that she didn't set the prices; I asked who did and asked her to get that person. As chance would have it, the owner passed by at that moment - both the lady and I explained what had happened (although her explanation was a simple 'he thinks the bill is too high') and the owner made a grand gesture of taking off €5. Even though €40 was still far too high, I just wanted to get out of the place and paid this. We saw two other people also leaving without having eaten; something was very wrong in that place - staff were untrained and the lady in charge was extremely unprofessional and quite rude. Such a pity for what seemed to be a very nice place. I rarely write 'bad reviews', preferring to highlight good places instead. However, this incident left me angry and upset, feeling completely ripped off. I have waited several days to write this as I thought perhaps my annoyance would have dissipated enough that I would just let the matter go - but it has not!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 13 June 2017

The hotel is very centrally located - within easy walking distance of most of the sites. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel restaurant has a great selection on the menu and the food is great!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Relais du Silence Hotels
Charlotte O, Chargée de Communication at Aux Vieux Remparts, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

We thank you for having chosen our hotel “Aux Vieux Remparts”.
We are pleased that you took the time to share your impressions and recommend our establishment on TripAdvisor.

Looking forward to welcome you again!

Charlotte OBRINGER

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We arrived and checked into the hotel which was good except the front desk was a little rude. We needed to go to the restroom since we had just driven from Paris and she wanted to check us in before we went to the restroom...odd. So we checked in and the first night was pleasant. The second day we needed to leave early due to a family emergency. They refused to let us leave without paying for the room for the second night! They charged us for two nights and we only stayed one. We understand if we canceled the first night, that is standard to charge the room but to not allow a person to cancel the second night? That is not what a nice hotel does. We eventually "convinced" the lady to charge if they couldn't sell our room for the second night. We still don't know if we were charged or not. The front desk was very unprofessional and we also couldn't figure out how proficient she was with english. One minute she was speaking fine with us in the english and the next moment she couldn't understand at all. It was just a really unpleasant way to leave and we won't be returning. My parents live in the next town over so this was going to be our regular place but not anymore. Your establishment would have made more money over the long run if you had just canceled the second night.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Relais du Silence Hotels
Cécile R, Propriétaire at Aux Vieux Remparts, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

We thank you for having chosen our hotel “Aux Vieux Remparts”.
We are pleased that you took the time to share your impressions on TripAdvisor, but we are sorry for the inconveniences at the ckeck-out. For the cancellation of the second night, nothing was charged as indicated by email a few days ago.

Looking forward to welcome you again and to have a great time at our hotel !

Cécile Roy

Reviewed 3 January 2017

From the get go, the welcoming, the service, to the room, to the spa, to the dinner and breakfast, it was a fantastic relaxing delicious zen experience, a true classy French act, we'd love to go back soon...

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank permanent101
Cécile R, Propriétaire at Aux Vieux Remparts, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2017

We thank you for having chosen our hotel “Aux Vieux Remparts”.

Looking forward to welcome you again!

Cécile Roy