Gaslight Inn
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bcapitol hillother guestsgreat neighborhoodyogurtheated poolseattle skylinehard boiled eggscontinental breakfastbreakfast tablelate arrivalrestaurants and barsthree nightsthe ground floorspace needlespent nightswithin easy walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We have just spent a very comfortable three nights at the Gaslight. Had time for sitting by the pool and enjoying the weather on this visit. Once again, Bennett and the staff were very welcoming and made us feel entirely at home. We stayed in 105 which had a balcony and a view over the pool and garden. It was spacious and very well appointed. In all, a great place to stay. Thanks to all!

Room Tip: Not all of the rooms have an en suite bathroom - so if this is important to you, check the configuration of the rooms on the website!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank seanog57
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I recently visited Seattle for the first time. I chose the Gaslight Inn because I like the personal touch of a B&B. The service was beyond my expectations. Before I arrived the host emailed me with detailed step by step instructions on how to get from the airport to the Inn. Once I arrived I was greeted by Bennett and Daren. The inn was amazing with a few common areas to relax and enjoy a book, ipad, etc. As I sat by the fireplace with my iPad peacefully reading the world news I felt as if I had escaped into my own world.

Daren was a great host. He was very attentive to my needs. The host and staff were always eager to assist me if it was calling a cab or figuring out the train schedule for a trip to Vancouver. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Gaslight Inn and would definitely book there for my next trip to Seattle.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank scottycole
Reviewed 27 June 2012

In order to find a bad review, you have to go all the way to the last page, which starts with 3 stars. The remaining nearly 100 reviews more than adequately describe the positive aspects of this place. Gaslight Inn is a beautiful turn of century (1900) home with surprisingly well appointed guest rooms and lovely common areas. The location is very convenient, and we walked downtown to dinner. The host was very attentive and made sure we were comfortable. We arrived much earlier than our appointed time, but Trevor was very accommodating and quickly prepared our room while we relaxed in the parlor. Wifi works great in the room, but you may need to strategically locate in the common areas. The only complaint I can think of is there is quite a bit of street noise, but it becomes reasonably quiet after 11pm.

Room Tip: Our room had a nice gas fireplace, but faced the street. Rooms on the back side of the house facing the pool may be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here in April on our first trip to Seattle since it looked smart and clean on the website, and that for our first time in a new city, this place would be a bit more inviting and than a bland hotel, and how right we were. From the instant we arrived, we saw how Bennett our host has lovingly assembled every detail of this place, and we were incredibly well looked after. The Native American art they have here framed our visit since a lot of art in Seattle draws on this heritage. The home-made croissants and coffe for breakfast were delicious, and if you're you're still hungry, you haven't far to go to the main drag of the Capitol Hill district. If you're a respectful and respectable person, or at least aspire to be, then you could do a lot worse than to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Taorluath
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The service at Gaslight Inn is exceptional. From booking to checking-out, the host made us feel like a true guest in his home. We were running late and called the host to inform him of our late check-in: he not only offered to wait up to check us in, but he gave us numerous parking suggestions knowing that parking is tricky at night in Seattle. Also, because he had a recent cancellation, the host gave us a free upgrade to a non-shared bathroom room. He was incredibly generous, kind and accommodating. My only regret is that we could not stay longer.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple