“Not Funny”

Unexpected Productions
Ranked #14 of 222 Nightlife in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: For over 30 years, Unexpected Productions has been the heart of improv in Seattle.
Reviewed 18 August 2016

I feel bad giving the actors a hard time because they were very into the show, but the show just was not funny. We saw 2 shows in the same night (the happy hour show gives you a free ticket to the next show) and I was really excited to see some good improv. After the first show I though that maybe they were just having a rough night, but I didn't laugh once during the second show.

1  Thank Tess G
in 5 reviews
"tickets"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 24 July 2016

I truly hate to give this place and the actors a bad review. The staff could not have been nicer, the tickets and everything they sell at the concession are reasonably priced. The actors were working hard. The show "Improv Happy Hour" just wasn't funny-- at all. And it was not improv. It seemed very scripted (which would be great if it was funny.)

This was the only comedy club in the city that would let my teens in. So I have a soft spot for them. If I'm back in Seattle, I'd probably give it another try.

2  Thank S M
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We happened to visit the club at the end of their International Festival, so there were improvisationalists from multiple countries presenting, which added a fun flavor.
You'll enjoy this attraction the most if you're willing to let go of a passive viewpoint, and participate in the interaction. It's safe, not scary, they want you to have a good time too!

Reviewed 25 June 2016

The market theater hosts Unexpected productions. We saw an add on bus or bench or something and decided to give it a go.
It was great improv....the participants were funny and we laughed the whole time. I would recommend it for sure!

1  Thank Paul O