“Fabulous Talent!!!”

Unexpected Productions
Ranked #13 of 218 Nightlife in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: For over 30 years, Unexpected Productions has been the heart of improv in Seattle.
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Booked last minute for a group of 46. The amount of talent was AMAZING! So funny! A must see in Seattle!

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Seattle is a great place to have fun with friends and I finally got to join an age old tradition of one of my friends. After getting Dicks and Bawls, we went to see improv and had a great time. My friends who hadn't gone in the last few years were happy to go back and I was pleased by my first time.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This was our first experience at an improv show, and I have to say our whole party of 6 really got a kick out of it. We really enjoyed the audience participation, of course it helped that one of our guests won for most valuable audience idea which was by far the funniest skit of the evening! Definitely an entertaining way to spend your evening. We will with out a doubt be back.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

We have gone to the Improv Christmas Carol every year but this will be our last year. The quality of the show has dropped dramatically and unfortunately the cast uses the stage for their own political agenda. I found the sarcasm of political vents annoying and not appropriate for the purpose of the show. Leave politics at the door please and just give a good performance.

2  Thank Ladyhawk2009
Klwhipple, Public Relations Manager at Unexpected Productions, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am sorry that we let your and your family down and that you didn't have a good time. A(n Improvised) Christmas Carol is developed from a total of 33 suggestions that come from the audience. The perfromers take the suggestions provided by the audience. The audience creates the show every night. The performers have no agenda they only take the suggestions and go from there. They don't have a script other than the basic framework of A Christmas Carol. The suggestions change nightly.
The election is on the forefront of many people's thoughts so those are the suggestions that are provided. I am sorry if you found it political. Art is not just supposed to be easy and pretty. It should challenge us to think, no matter what side of the political spectrum. If you have been to Unexpected Productions before, then you already know that we satirize current events, ideas, issues, and individuals. During this run, both sides of the political spectrum have been skewered. However, due to the art of improv, we don't create the suggestions, the audiences do. I understand why you were uncomfrtable and I am sorry that we made you feel that way. Happy holidays.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

This is improve theater. A great way to take a little time to laugh. The talent definitely varies based on the chemistry of the performers, what the audience gives them but it can be funny just to watch the screwups. This is a fun date activity. It could be good for someone not interested in the bar scene or not old enough to drink. There are snacks available and it's a low cost for Seattle entertainment.

1  Thank marshab13