“Washington wines ”
Review of The Chocolate Box

The Chocolate Box
Ranked #41 of 147 Dessert in Seattle
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I was interested in sampling some local wine and the Chocolate Box did not disappoint. Sample your choice of wine, cider, beer or chocolate. I think he had it all covered. I had a flight of Washington red and my wife had a beautifully prepared hot chocolate. The proprietor was friendly helpful and a little OCD like me.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Located about one block east of the Pike Street Market, The Chocolate Box is an unassuming, worth visiting experience. We visited twice!

With a confection counter up front, plenty of unique gifts and a wine bar/tasting area, The Chcoclate Bar hit the bulls-eye.

Wine pairings are offered and it's your choice. All white, all red, a combination and each day different wines are offered. Also, your flight of
2-oz samplers may be paired with chocolate or not. Custom hot chocolate and other snacks are also available for purchase.

The shop and wine bar alone earn a high rating, but what makes it 5-Star is the Sommelier, Chris. Inviting, personable, attentive and extremely knowledgeable, Chris definitely puts the shine on all five stars.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

The chocolate was excellent. The ice cream was home made and really good. The drawback to this is that you have to eat the ice cream fast or it starts melting. Recommend a few small portions rather than 1 large portion.
Since, I am a chocoholic, I can tell you that is a chocoholic's dream. Staff was friendly and courteous. Place was relatively clean, but not a lot of sitting room. Bottom line is that if you enjoy fresh; you'll enjoy The Chocolate Box.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

I have been a very regular customer since 2012; however, the new ownership is absolutely destroying the brand and the experience.

They have removed a significant amount of the quality products and replaced them with random chotchkies. An entire section of the shop that was dedicated to various local wines and chocolates were replaced with random "Seattle" branded stuff and... Sriracha. I'm serious. I don't get the sriracha thing. However, I observed the new owner interacting with an employee and I can see where the problem is. This kind of wine and chocolate business is not what he does. So instead of leveraging what the value of this store is he is distorting it into something that he understands. For me and many of my friends this was the place we would goto whenever we wanted to entertain and needed to purchase batches of wine. We could always rely on the GM or the previous owner to to provide assistance and great advice. Beyond that my wife and I would bring out-of-Townes here for a chocolate and wine tasting, etc. It WAS a distinctive and unique place. Now it's being incrementally converted into a generic place.

There are two other wine shops in Pike Place Market. Both of them have been successful in focusing on a different aspect of the market . For example, Truffle Cafe focuses on Italian wines, etc.

Chocolate box was all about the PNW wines and chocolate. Perhaps instead of destroying what makes your shop distinctive and of value perhaps you should figure out that business and make it work.

Just a thought.

1  Thank Finocchio-bello
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Quaint little spot to stop for a sip of wine or a tasting with hot chocolate or bites of their lovely confections!!!!