“Very Good Eclectic Irish Pub Food”
Review of McGilvra's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McGilvra's
Ranked #1,603 of 4,299 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 3 May 2016

McGilvra's Irish Pub and Restaurant is located in the very tony Madison Park neighborhood of Seattle.

The menu displays a very wide variety of appetizers and dinner entrees, such as:

Nachos, Hummus, and Taco Salad

Burgers

Traditional Irish Dinners such as Guiness Beef Stew, Shepherd's Pie, and Corned Beef And Cabbage

Italian Specialties like Lasagna and Pesto Chicken Fettuccini.

There's something here for everyone!

We were here on a Thursday evening and sat in a booth. It was quiet enough that we could have an intimate conversation with our friends.

I've been here several times and have always had a terrific experience.

Dinners are moderately priced and are a good value for the area.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

Pub food is pretty much the same in most successful pubs. My friend and I decided to "go UK" and ordered Shepard's pie and traditional beef stew. Both were excellent. The addition of a bit of cheese on the mash potato "icing" on the pie was a great add on.
Service was good. Much quieter in the dreary rainy season than it is in the summer.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

We come to Seattle often and always make a point of going to McGIlvra's Irish Pub. they have a great happy hour especially on Monday.

Reviewed 3 June 2015

After a couple hour visit to the arboretum we were both thirsty and hungry. Since I had my little dog and the weather was warm we sat on their very large patio. Beers were ample and one of us had a chicken club sandwich . . .freshly cooked chicken, avocado, lettuce, tomato, mayo -- traditional. This very large sandwich came with piping hot fries. While this was the only food we had, if other offerings were comparable,the quality of the food is good. The service was very attentive and helpful. When we walked inside we observed all the soccer jurseys hanging from the ceiling. The "guys" would relate well to that, but many would find hanging clothing less than inspirational. But sitting outside and having a hearty sandwich, it was perfectly fine!

Reviewed 23 January 2015 via mobile

This pub located a block off the water in Madison Park is a staple for this area. I found it to be nothing special,but nothing bad. Service was fine, speed of food was fine And the food itself was fine. I had the fish and chips which I might have over expected excellence here but it was average. I'll give the place another try at some point.