“Good Hawaiian food”

Ranked #584 of 4,382 Restaurants in Seattle
Neighbourhood: Georgetown
Neighbourhood: Georgetown
Reviewed 23 May 2016

My friend and I finally had food from here. We had been looking up the "genre" i.e., Hawaiian, on the web after I moaned being so ono for it. And this eatery seemed a good one.
I waited in the car as my friend went in to take away mac salad and some poke. We found that we -- me in a wheelchair -- might be able to park in the street.. but we got a space nose in to the shops in this not too fancy strip mall.
It was a bit of a wait in the car for me, and I noticed a lot of foot traffic -- finished diners, and folk going in for take outs. A good sign.
FOOD --
My order of mac salad tasted okay; I wish it had more mayo, but this was now about 2:00 PM -- so maybe was not as it was earlier in the day. The poke of ahi was very fresh -- the server told my friend she had just sliced the pieces, and diced them, from the fish just then, for the eater -- very fresh. It was excellent.
AMBIENCE I can't speak to this, but my friend said it was doing good business. She did not mention anything negative. The frontage seemed well cared for, with signage in good order.

I would patronize again if in the neighborhood.

1  Thank Havefunwilltravel816

Reviewed 24 April 2016

Best Hawaiian food anywhere, but of course, they're from Kauai. Thanks Peter and gang for the excellent food I grew with while living in HI 50. Hamburger steak, Lawai chicken, smoked pork, beef stew, on and on broke da mouth food. Most of the exact same tasting foods mom used to make especially the mac salad. Just basic good local foods to grind on. Alway friendly service and always very busy, with parking being a challenge. Hole in the wall places are always the bestest. Never really minded the decor because I'm not there to eat the decor, I'm there to eat the best local food around.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

Wowzers Food. Good Service and a feel like you were Tele-ported to Hawaii! When you walk into the restaurant you will be in Hawaii. Fun place to go and get away from it all with a big smile on your face.

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

Visit this place for lunch while at work. If getting your order to go, try and call it in if you can, this place gets quite busy.
Great selection from the menu, and like the title says, THEE best macaroni salad I've ever tried. Definitely worth the long wait to get your food.

Reviewed 1 March 2015

I loved pretty much everything about this place! I got the pork hawaiian BBQ and the others got a variety of other dishes - everyone loved their choices! The only downside with my meal was it came with either a side salad (which I never get) or macaroni salad and the macaroni salad had virtually no flavor. The place was pretty busy the entire time we were there and there was only one lady working both the floor and register. She was very good at what she was doing and everyone seemed sympathetic to her and were not getting upset if she took a little long at certain tasks.