“This Place is "da grindz"”

Kauai's Family Restaurant
Ranked #594 of 4,477 Restaurants in Seattle
Neighbourhood: Georgetown
Neighbourhood: Georgetown
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

If you're around the Georgetown area, there is no other Hawaiian place that can satisfy your hunger like Kauai's Family Restaurant. From breakfast to dinner, they got you covered. Their menu is full of traditional food that will remind you of the islands. The Loco Moco is my personal favorite...fresh streamed rice, a good-size patty, yummy gravy and perfectly fried egg brings me back with every single bite.

This place can get busy...so be prepared to wait. The bakery next door have great tasting cakes ready to be consumed while waiting. Besides, who said you can't have your dessert before your meal? No one's judging.

So ya, kick back and enjoy the food. No frills, no gimmicks. Just straight up good food.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Was really wanting some good Loco Moco. This is the place. A nice, "small" with one patty, one egg but plenty gravy ova rice. Ono.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

I've been here twice, and it's worth visiting for every trip to Seattle. Everything on the menu is fantastic. Ginger Chicken, Hamburger Steak, Malasadas...go for it.

Before you go, hit the bakery next door. Quite possibly the best cake I've ever had. Super moist, super flavorful. A slice of mango for the road and a slice of chocolate for the plane. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

Oh Yum!!!!
We will be back.
Hamburger steak was juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Rice was nice and sticky.
The cakes next door are to die for as well!

Reviewed 23 May 2016

My friend and I finally had food from here. We had been looking up the "genre" i.e., Hawaiian, on the web after I moaned being so ono for it. And this eatery seemed a good one.
I waited in the car as my friend went in to take away mac salad and some poke. We found that we -- me in a wheelchair -- might be able to park in the street.. but we got a space nose in to the shops in this not too fancy strip mall.
It was a bit of a wait in the car for me, and I noticed a lot of foot traffic -- finished diners, and folk going in for take outs. A good sign.
FOOD --
My order of mac salad tasted okay; I wish it had more mayo, but this was now about 2:00 PM -- so maybe was not as it was earlier in the day. The poke of ahi was very fresh -- the server told my friend she had just sliced the pieces, and diced them, from the fish just then, for the eater -- very fresh. It was excellent.
AMBIENCE I can't speak to this, but my friend said it was doing good business. She did not mention anything negative. The frontage seemed well cared for, with signage in good order.

I would patronize again if in the neighborhood.

1  Thank Havefunwilltravel816