“Kalua pig and lau lau”

Ranked #600 of 4,401 Restaurants in Seattle
Neighbourhood: Georgetown
Neighbourhood: Georgetown
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Chanced on this place because it was close to my hotel. Score!
I haven't been to Hawaii since I lived there in the 80s, but this took me right back. Only bummer was I had to go to the airport too early the next day so I couldn't swing by for the malasadas they do only on Saturdays. Next time!

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Small, busy, low-key restaurant in the industrial district. But friends from all over Seattle make a point to go here for authentic cooking. Peter is owner and chef, and almost always in the kitchen. Around the lunch hour, you might have to share a table and/or wait. They do a brisk business in take-out orders, as well. Reasonably priced. I have not found anything, yet, on the menu that I don't like.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Really great taste of the islands. Great eats and the service was really hospitable. We've tried other grinds but this one provided us with the island feel and family smiles. The live music was an awesome addition this day (second) Saturday of the month program they have going on. No disappointments here. We were here with our family of eight and it was all great cooking ya! Will be back for sure. Don't settle for less Kauai Family Restaurant

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Ok, so I did my research for restaurants in Georgetown, just south of Seattle. Business meeting so I wanted something out of the ordinary, nice, and tasty. Well, it is a bit out of the ordinary but that is about all.
I selected the ginger chicken and expected to have something tasty fresh. What came was a deep fried parts and pcs of chicken..most of it all breading and a good share of it was deep fried fat. I could pick apart 1/2 to eat. the salad was meager and the fried rice would have been tasty if it were to have been warm. My lunch partner had a combo with beef/chicken and commented that it was pretty good. He did not eat his rice and did not finish his salad. drinks are self service out of a standing cooler. Now, in defense, I probably should have asked what the "locals" eat because I witnessed about 1/2 of them eating something that was wrapped in some kind of leaf. They seemed to be enjoying their selection.
IF I were to come back (doubtful), I would opt to ask some questions prior to committing. small place about 2 8toppers, a about 6 4toppers and about 2 tables for 2, cute Hawaiian atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

If you're around the Georgetown area, there is no other Hawaiian place that can satisfy your hunger like Kauai's Family Restaurant. From breakfast to dinner, they got you covered. Their menu is full of traditional food that will remind you of the islands. The Loco Moco is my personal favorite...fresh streamed rice, a good-size patty, yummy gravy and perfectly fried egg brings me back with every single bite.

This place can get busy...so be prepared to wait. The bakery next door have great tasting cakes ready to be consumed while waiting. Besides, who said you can't have your dessert before your meal? No one's judging.

So ya, kick back and enjoy the food. No frills, no gimmicks. Just straight up good food.