“Hoarders...Restaurant Style”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: North Seattle
Reviewed 9 July 2015

I felt like I was on an episode of Hoarders, only restaurant style. There was stuff just covering all the walls, shelves, cabinets, etc. Only not in the cute, vintagy yet stylish way, but in more of the need to declutter and clean sort of way. The waitress was not too warm or friendly, and made my husband and I feel like we were doing a disservice to her by eating there. The food was GREASY! The breakfast potatoes were so greasy, that I could not even taste any potato at all, just grease. The California Omelette was the same. I gave this review 2 stars instead of 1 only because my husband enjoyed his french toast. I would not eat here again, nor recommend it to anyone in the area.

1  Thank Becky K

Reviewed 28 March 2015

A relative suggested we meet for breakfast at The Breakfast Club, for its charm and straight up breakfast fare. It is located along Lake City Way, along a strip of businesses that have seen better days. Some might be put off by that, but they'll miss some great places as a result because that's what a mom & pop place looks like: human. Go anywhere for else for that predictable corporate vibe, if that's what you need.

The Breakfast Club is obviously very popular with the locals. There was a waiting line the whole time we were there, which meant people stood outside. The restaurant can only seat about a dozen, as far as we could see. Breakfast servings were immense and everything we could hope for.

Reviewed 4 March 2015

This place is one of the business fronting Lake City. Many look like dives from the outside. This is no exception. The door has been patched, and I will speculate someone with a thug-shaped foot didn't treat it with TLC. Inside, it looks like a diner, the kind one might find in a charming little town. It has a sideboard loaded with interesting little things, toys and doodads from days gone by. Such things also decorate the walls between certificates of Wow This Food is Good. The patrons look cozy with their newspapers or surrounded by friends, comfortable, like they are part of the Breakfast Club. We ordered the French toast with Sausage, and biscuits and gravy. The French toast was good average. Pleasant taste, nothing to write Aunt Betsy about. No need to write. She's there serving the food, and she's quick and pleasant. My Biscuits and gravy... I didn't see any wow certificates mentioning them specifically, but I may have missed them. They were some of the best I've had, down home delicious with a side of extra yum. "Homemade gravy." The waitress smiles. It shows. I haven't had biscuits and gravy that good since visiting Forks. Now I know why it's a breakfast club, and I want to be part of it. Maybe, just maybe Mr. Heavy foot kicked the door open for more biscuits and gravy. No need, dude, they were very reasonable. Next time buy them. I know I'll be back for more.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

If you can get past the rather quirky cluttered interior (great for I spy with my little eye if kiddos in tow) this mom and pop breakfast spot is spot on. Really friendly homey service, tasty biscuits and gravy, big yummy omelets are all on the menu. If you are a Jersey person the food is like a good old Jersey diner and the service is as well.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Where to start...Walking in it looks like a Hoarders and St. Vincent De Paul explosion. No rhyme or reason to the decor, just awful. The second thing you notice is the filth, wow..I can still see the mess in my head. The area in front of the kitchen where the food is prepared was a less than slim waitress enjoying a nice plate of whatever she just cleaned of the table ahead of us...Awesome!!
I have eaten in places like this before and it has been good, so what the hell, let's do this. The eggs sucked, the hollandaise sauce is garbage, the toast was hard as an flippin rock and even the water gave me the shats.
The wait staff was unfriendly and bossy, we did get the items we wanted just as soon as she was done texting of course. Also too expensive for the crap you get served.
Top 5 worst places I have ever had the privilege of going to, We will never be back or recommend this place to anyone...Ever!

1  Thank aemorris