“Unlike anywhere else.”

Reviewed 20 December 2009

Unlike anywhere else.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed 22 June 2009

I dunno about you. But being dismissed, ignored, eye-rolled, condescended to ruins my evening. Food was all right and the wine pairings were tolerable. But $140 for two, who had to leave mid-meal because one of us got sick? Hardly a good deal.

Reviewed 12 February 2009

WOW! I'm still clinging to the memory of my dinner at Elemental. Throw yourself on the mercy of the chef. You WON'T be disappointed. (Do plan on a 3 - 4 hour meal...)

Reviewed 4 December 2008

I had been wanting to go here for a while, even though I don't live in Seattle (I get there a few times a year for business and to visit friends). I had heard about the no reservations and that it may be difficult to get in - we went early on a Thursday evening and had to problem. Phred (one of the owners) greeted us warmly but simply upon entry - there's the coat rack, sit where you like, we'll be right with you. We were brought small glasses of madeira and the best popcorn we'd ever had (spicy, nutty). He asked us if we wanted to see a menu or put ourselves in his hands. We were up for an adventure, so we just left it to him. He did, to his credit, ask if there were any food allergies or preferences. Four hours and 10 courses later, we were discussing how amazing and fantastic the whole thing was - the food, the ambiance, the wine...
Contrary to the experience of others, the couple of times we asked about the wine, he told us. He didn't go on a 10 minute dissertation - it was minimalist. And in a world of SUVs and consumer culture and getting way more than one needs, the service was great. Plates were expeditiously removed and reset. A trick I quickly learned: if you like the wine in your glass, and he comes to clear the table - just keep your hand on the glass. When I did this, he didn't even try to remove it, or ask to remove it. He just waited until it was empty.
This place is definitely a different type of restaurant - but still [-] fantastic.

1  Thank mjg007
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 November 2008

great experience, great food with perfect wine pairings

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook