“Delicious meal”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Puerto Rican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ballard
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Loved the food!! It reminded me of Puerto Rico. The waiters were friendly, fast and efficient. Had a great experience. My family loved it too. I had the permit bowl. The mojito was delious too and the location was nice. Great experience.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Absolutely the best PR restaurant in Seattle because is the ONLY one. Very disappointed, food NOT authentic, staff does not even speak Spanish and food has no real Puerto Rican flavor. Sorry about the other reviews but i rather cook myself and it taste better. The only thing good in the menu is "Las Alcapurrias y el Coquito".

2  Thank Nydia B
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Absolutely reminds me of my families' dishes. Never disappointed. I've tried the pollo guisado (amazing) and also their Steak with arroz con gandules. Some dishes come with the option of having tostones (fried bananas) which of course is a must if you're having Puerto Rican cuisine or maduros (sweet plantations). The staff is always friendly and have us seated quickly. I'm sure we'll be there plenty more times.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Parking is on the streets sorrounding the restaurant. Depending on the time you might pay by the hour or it can be free. The restaurant is quite pretty inside and has a lot of PR memorabilia. We ordered several dishes: Rice with pigeon peas and fried pork chops, the "bistec encebollado", the "ropa vieja" and the "mofongo with pernil". All of it was very good. We also had fried yucca, tostones, and sweet potato fries. For dessert we had the tembleque, flan, and flancocho. The only item we were hesitant about was the flan, it tasted more like cinnamon than vanilla. Overall it was a great time there and recommend to those far from home visiting Seattle.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I went to La Isla with two friends, one of whom had been there before, and it was so very good. We ate ALL the food!! We started with the Plato de Aperitivo, which is an incredible sampler platter of an empanadilla, a bacalaito, tostones, and an alcapurria, and four dipping sauces (one of which I skipped because I was told it was super spicy - but good!). I had a side salad and the camarones, and the creamy cilantro sauce was delicious. One of my friends had the Salmon a la Parilla, which she loved, and my other friend had the Pastelon, which he said was delicious. Our server was also the bartender, but he was super attentive and friendly.