“Great dinner in Ballard neighborhood”
Review of La Isla

La Isla
Ranked #468 of 4,300 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Puerto Rican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ballard
Reviewed 12 July 2017

My sister and I were staying in the Ballard neighborhood in Seattle, and were able to walk to this restaurant for dinner our first night. The atmosphere was great, and the staff was so great! They have both indoor and outdoor seating. We each had the Arnold Palmtree, which is an adult version of an Arnold Palmer iced tea, and they were fantastic! My sister ordered the Empanito appeitzer, and the Ropa Vieja for her main course. She said both dishes were amazing. I had the Cod Fritters for an appetizer that came with an excellent homemade sauce, and the Pastelon, which is a plantain Lasagna for my main course, which was also great! If we lived in the area, we would definitely make this place a regular habit.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Loved the food!! It reminded me of Puerto Rico. The waiters were friendly, fast and efficient. Had a great experience. My family loved it too. I had the permit bowl. The mojito was delious too and the location was nice. Great experience.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Absolutely the best PR restaurant in Seattle because is the ONLY one. Very disappointed, food NOT authentic, staff does not even speak Spanish and food has no real Puerto Rican flavor. Sorry about the other reviews but i rather cook myself and it taste better. The only thing good in the menu is "Las Alcapurrias y el Coquito".

2  Thank Nydia B
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Absolutely reminds me of my families' dishes. Never disappointed. I've tried the pollo guisado (amazing) and also their Steak with arroz con gandules. Some dishes come with the option of having tostones (fried bananas) which of course is a must if you're having Puerto Rican cuisine or maduros (sweet plantations). The staff is always friendly and have us seated quickly. I'm sure we'll be there plenty more times.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Parking is on the streets sorrounding the restaurant. Depending on the time you might pay by the hour or it can be free. The restaurant is quite pretty inside and has a lot of PR memorabilia. We ordered several dishes: Rice with pigeon peas and fried pork chops, the "bistec encebollado", the "ropa vieja" and the "mofongo with pernil". All of it was very good. We also had fried yucca, tostones, and sweet potato fries. For dessert we had the tembleque, flan, and flancocho. The only item we were hesitant about was the flan, it tasted more like cinnamon than vanilla. Overall it was a great time there and recommend to those far from home visiting Seattle.

Been to La Isla? Share your experiences!