La Isla
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Puerto Rican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ballard
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I am from the East Coast where I grew up in the Puerto Rican hood. I don't think the owner of La Isla is from Puerto Rico. Food sucks, go to the East Coast and you will know the difference!

1  Thank szekelykatalin

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent happy hour menu, heavy on meat and tasty fried things. Service was adequate but not outstanding.

Parking is, as always in Ballard, less than easy.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

La Isla had amazing Peurto Rican food. Lots of dishes with plantains which I love! The empanadas were also fantadtic and happy hour was very reasonably priced.

1  Thank Lauren O
Reviewed 12 July 2017

My sister and I were staying in the Ballard neighborhood in Seattle, and were able to walk to this restaurant for dinner our first night. The atmosphere was great, and the staff was so great! They have both indoor and outdoor seating. We each had the Arnold Palmtree, which is an adult version of an Arnold Palmer iced tea, and they were fantastic! My sister ordered the Empanito appeitzer, and the Ropa Vieja for her main course. She said both dishes were amazing. I had the Cod Fritters for an appetizer that came with an excellent homemade sauce, and the Pastelon, which is a plantain Lasagna for my main course, which was also great! If we lived in the area, we would definitely make this place a regular habit.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Loved the food!! It reminded me of Puerto Rico. The waiters were friendly, fast and efficient. Had a great experience. My family loved it too. I had the permit bowl. The mojito was delious too and the location was nice. Great experience.

Been to La Isla? Share your experiences!