“We love this place!”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Puerto Rican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ballard
Reviewed 16 August 2017

My family comes to La Isla with some regularity, so I'm surprised at some of these reviews. We've never had anything but great food and service. They make magic with plantains and pernil. The Cuban sandwich and the Tripleta are fantastic for lunch as is the ceviche. All very generous portions! For dinner, we are partial to the chuletas and the ropa vieja (and, of course, the pernil!), but really we've enjoyed everything we've ever had there and we're most of the way through the menu at this point.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My party of 5 had a variety of lunch dishes. 2 of us had the pork shoulder sandwiches which were dry and disappointing. They should've had a sauce or cream on them to negate the "just meat on bread" feel. The fried plantain appetizer was excellent with the amazing dressing. The chicken sandwich and lentil dishes were enjoyed. Worth a single visit, but I couldn't see a return visit.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I am from the East Coast where I grew up in the Puerto Rican hood. I don't think the owner of La Isla is from Puerto Rico. Food sucks, go to the East Coast and you will know the difference!

1  Thank szekelykatalin
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent happy hour menu, heavy on meat and tasty fried things. Service was adequate but not outstanding.

Parking is, as always in Ballard, less than easy.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

La Isla had amazing Peurto Rican food. Lots of dishes with plantains which I love! The empanadas were also fantadtic and happy hour was very reasonably priced.

1  Thank Lauren O