“Our Favorite for Seafood”
Review of Pike Place Chowder

Pike Place Chowder
Ranked #22 of 4,440 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Seattle's Pike Place Chowder cafe opened in 2003, offering up award-winning New England Clam Chowder as its signature dish, and continuing to develop original recipes that have taken first-place in dozens of coast-to- coast competitions. A second chowder house, launched in 2007 in the Pacific Place Shopping Center, offers an expanded menu including fish ‘n chips, po’boys and premium beers. The business draws thousands of visitors from around the globe and is listed among the Top Ten Must-Visit Seattle Eateries in dozens of food-and- travel media.
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We live in Seattle and always go here when we have guests in town. The food is fantastic. Get the chowder sampler and fresh crab. A word of advice, expect to wait a bit for a table, but it's so worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,541)

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We were told about pike place chowder and decided to give it a try. Pleasantly surprised by the great taste and welcoming atmosphere.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

The chowder was just ok. I expected more. Other menu items were just ok too. The oysters were greasy. This review is of the location in the mall.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Had their market chowder on a Tuesday for lunch. Crab, lobster and corn. Seating is limited but the chowder is wonderful. We arrived at 11:00 am and people waiting in line for them to open. If you at Pike Street Market walk up the hill 1/2 block to the alley and in. Best part of our visit to the market.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

I arrived around 3:30 PM in January waited about 10 minutes in line and I ordered three different chowders. I got the new England clam chowder in a bread bowl, the crab & chorizo chowder and the lobster and corn chowder in a cup and the whole Dungeoness crab roll. It was $22 for the crab roll at about $10 for each soup. $50 for everything. The crab roll was small for $22. I ate the whole thing in six bites. Don't get that it wasn't that good. My favorite was the crab & chorizo. Overall they all pretty good flavors. Few minutes after sitting down they yelled out "no more bread bowls". Glad I ordered one. If I came back I don't think I would wait in line for the chowder, I know a bunch of places that serve good chowder where I'm from. It's definitely something to try when you're here though. Btw, they have a no saving seats signs on every table.

Been to Pike Place Chowder? Share your experiences!