“New team: disappointed”

Ranked #9 of 144 Restaurants in Marseillan
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Honestly a massive disappointment! There is new ownership so thing may change in the future, However or first experience with the new team was bad: over 3h for a simple menus at lunch while the restaurant was not full. There are three people in the room, two of them are not doing much, the food is good (nothing to really brag about, we even found it a bit too salty). The killer was two consecutive mistakes in the bill...
I wish the new team some better days, but if that's the norm, for the standing they are aiming, 2 stars will look generous.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were referred here by our hotelier around the corner. We normally research the choicest restaurants in an area but this was a last minute thing and as it was cold and rainy we did not want to walk further,so in we went. We are utterly grateful that we did. It turned out to be the best meal we had in our entire week here in the Occitainie (what we all used to call the Languedoc!)

Other reviews have highlighted particular dishes or creative touches so I shall not repeat them; I will only say All true. We shall return.

1  Thank Stoic_Warrior
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We revisited La Table d’Emilie Twice during a week’s stay in October . We could have happily eaten there every day . Having first visited 25 years ago,it had remained in our memory as our favourite restaurant. We were worried that it may not live up to our memory but were wrong!
The day we arrived in Marseillan we had a fantastic lunch for €22. The quality of the food and service for this price is outstanding. We revisited later in the week and decided to treat ourselves to the €32 menu which was sublime .
The only other restaurant we visited that came Close was the Chateau du Port, but Emilie just has the edge in our opinion when you include the desserts .
We will be back . Many thanks to the staff for reaffirming our happy memories .

1  Thank Caz153
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We booked for a Tuesday pm - it was full. A traditional restaurant- no English spoken as far as I could see - which is great - we went for the €40 menu - I was blown away - classic food with s twist - I would definitely return and I will,

Reviewed 11 October 2017

The cuisine here is imaginative to say the least. You have great choices or you can just leave it to the chef. Between my wife and myself, we agreed on the food being very sophisticated and creative and excellent, but we disagreed slightly on the service. I found the service to be a bit indifferent while my wife found it to be a bit more aggressively inattentive. It just felt like we (who have spent more than a year in France over the past 2 and who aggressively attempt to assimilate) were being patronized. I didn't particularly take offense but my wife did. The cheese plate was outstanding. Desert was excellent. The best find of the night was the wine. From Madelaine, St. Jean the white was creamy, smooth and with just enough fruitiness for you not to pucker while the red was quite complex, not nearly as dry as the bourdeaux but with plenty of wonderful notes of berries and smoke. Best of all, the winery is only about 5 blocks away from the restaurant and you can buy plenty of their "cuvee rouge de Maison" for under $10 per bottle. The red is easily the most complex I've found in 2 trips over 10 months in Languedoc. Enjoy!