All reviewslarge tublarge shopping centerseparate showersuper walmartwatch tvsleeping areamake your own wafflesother hotelscomfortable bedsfree breakfastgreat place to stayfront desk staffbreakfast barhot breakfastairport shuttlevisit anchoragefree shuttle
Reviewed 11 August 2010

After reviewing this site and others...We decided to stay at the Diamond Center Hotel for a quick night after arriving at the airport really late to drive to our destination. We book about 2 weeks in advance, locking in a great promotional weekend rate of 150 dollars per night. The cheap motels were about the same price. I think usually it goes for 200 dollars, which would still be a great rate for this hotel.
Front Desk was very quick and knowledgeable, even though this was the guys first night. I read in some other reviews that people got charged double, or deposit was not refunded...I did not have a problem with this.
The rooms are amazing to say the least! Really clean and good layout with a desk, dresser, flat screen tv. The beds are so comfortable, and the BATHROOM TUB!!!!!! Deep tub, with a frosted window into the living area that opens up if you are alone with your wife.
The breakfast in the morning is a good selection of thing for kids or adults. Coffee, juice, different pastries, cereal, and waffle making machine. My kid and I like making our own waffles and added lots of different fresh fruit, and whip cream!
Location was okay. The Hotel is pretty much next to a Mall and Walmart. For the class and decor of this Hotel, it would fit better near the coast, or in the woods, but not in a parking lot. I guess if you want to go shopping after checking in, this would be perfect for you.
Overall, this Hotel gets 2 thumbs up, and recommend this to all family and couples.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Denver420
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I stayed four night over three separate occasions during a two week visit to Alaska. The location is good near shops and some restaurants and not far from most Anchorage points of interest. The room was much larger than average and was clean and had decent furnishings. I liked the large bathroom area, though I didn't use the separate garden tub/jacuzzi. The room was also quiet-something I consider a big plus.

Service personnel overall were helpful, though sometimes tied up with buses full of Japanese tour groups which seemed to choose this location. The free breakfast is no frills and not worth making the effort if you're on the go.

I found Anchorage hotels to be generally overpriced, but considering that fact, the Dimond Center seemed a good value and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Florida-Images
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We became aware of the Dimond Center Hotel through the Toursaver Coupon books, and stayed there for the first two nights of our Alaskan vacation. Hotel personnel promptly dispatched a van for our 11:30 pm airport pick-up. The hotel is located on the bus line, so we caught a morning bus downtown to rent a car at a much lower rate than available at the airport. The breakfast included hot foods (waffles, bacon, eggs, sausage, etc.) in addition to the usual breakfast breads. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom situation, with the translucent glass window to the bedroom, was as little awkward, be we managed to work with it without compromising privacy. I have high praise for the staff who found and secured a valuable item that I lost during our stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank NetherQueen
Reviewed 26 May 2010

This is a very nice hotel, clean, comfortable, near Dimond Center Mall (fun to go through as long as you're so close). The front desk crew were just super great, special thanks to the General Manager, Sheri Makela. She was so very helpful to us, even arranged to have their van pick us up at Avis car rental in Anchorage ~ way beyond the call of duty. Gave us ideas on where to go while in Anchorage (she suggested the Alaska zoo, which we really enjoyed).

The breakfast served is ample, muffins, yogurt, juice, cereal, toast, etc. No complaints at all ~ we were quite pleased with choosing this hotel, thanks TA!! BTW, use the Northern Lights coupon book for a 2/1 on this hotel ~ very good deal.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fronnie
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I was very impressed with the rooms. They were larger than most and nicely decorated. My husband loved the garden tub and the shutter window that opened into the bedroom.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple