“Drink Here!”

Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the historic Old Town district, Boulder Dam Brewing Co. is Boulder City's first and only brewpub. Located across the street from the Boulder Dam Hotel, the brewery is less than five miles from Lake Mead and less than eight from Hoover Dam. Practically a museum in itself, the brewery features decor and fixtures from the 1930's, silent films made during the construction of the dam, actual pieces of equipment used during the construction and a myriad of art depicting Boulder City's beginnings and brewing from the period. A destination for locals and visitors alike, Boulder Dam Brewing serves up six original pub-brewed beers at a time. The 40-barrel system allows the flexibility to offer many unique styles, from refreshing Pilsners to hoppy Pale Ales to creamy Stouts. Food ranges from traditional pub fare to salads, burgers, sandwiches and more, all prepared from scratch. The brewpub also carries a great selection of craft beer from around the world, wines and non-alcoholic beverages. With plenty of seating inside, and a beautiful beer garden outside, it's the perfect place to stop by for a pint and a bite.
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Great brews! Great food! Great staff! We love the atmosphere and will be going back when we are in the area. Kid friendly- at least there were kids there when we were. If you like stout, give thiers at try.

DamBrew, Owner at Boulder Dam Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Thanks for stopping by our little brewpub! I'm glad you enjoyed our brews, food, atmosphere and, most importantly, our staff. People make all the difference! By the way, we just tapped our newest brew, Black Cherry Stout, and it is AWESOME! Hopefully, we'll see y'all again soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

We had four burgers 3 different types and altough they looked pleasing they were just OK. Very small patties and a flavor of steak sauce I was not very keen on. The beers were great I really liked their IPA, and the french fries looked sloppy. Would return but would try something else.

DamBrew, Owner at Boulder Dam Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Thanks for stopping by our little brewpub! I'm glad you enjoyed the beer but distressed you didn't love the food. Our burger patties are 100% Angus beef and hand-packed to 1/3 pound. Our French fries arrive as 50 lb boxes of Idaho potatoes and get hand-cut. The steak sauce is A-1, not much to say about that. We're very proud of our food, and I'm really sorry it wasn't to your liking. If you do return, I sincerely hope (and expect) you'll find more food to fall in love with.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

I recently attended a 5 day long conference in Boulder City with a sizable group of teachers from around the country. Most of us stayed across the street at the Boulder Dam Hotel or just down the street at the El Rancho. So, the BD Brewing Co. was a natural choice. I went on three occasions with mixed results. The sandwich I had (i only ordered food once) was very good. However, the beer selection was kind of a mess. The first time I went they were out of two kinds of beer and one kind was frozen and couldn't be served. The next time they were still out of two kinds, and then the third time and pipe had broken and it was closed. I feel like this place is probably a lot better than my experience with it. I think I may have just come at a bad time. If I'm ever in Boulder City again, I will give it another shot. I know a lot of the teachers grew frustrated with the BD Brewing Co and went down the street to Dillinger's instead

Thanks for stopping by our little brewery! I'm glad you enjoyed the food, and I'm sorry about the timing of your visit. Last weekend was a mess, you're right. We had a chiller malfunction and freeze a beer. Not good. It's in the shop as I type. The pipe busting in the kitchen was the kicker. We had an inch of water in the kitchen, which is a safety issue for my staff, and had to close until it was repaired (about midnight that night!)
With regards to being out of some beers, yup that happens. We're just a little place with limited brewing capacity, and we're really popular. We brew as timely and efficiently as possible, but there's no rushing Mother Nature on those things. I sincerely hope you return, and Murphy's Law won't be knocking us around!

Reviewed 18 July 2016

We went to the Brewing Company 3 times during the week. The first time, they only had 2 beers available brewed. WHAT? The worst night we went was a Sunday night. Service and beer was poor. We went back later in the week. Only 3 beers available. I had the Cerveza. Pretty good. Service was better. They closed at 9PM, which didn't work for us much. Would probably just do Dillingers instead.

1  Thank Werbrichfamily

Thanks for stopping by our little brewery! I'm glad you enjoyed the few beers we had available. With regards to being out of some beers, yup that happens. We're just a little place with limited brewing capacity, and we're really popular. We brew as timely and efficiently as possible, but there's no rushing Mother Nature on those things. We do carry ten additional craft beers on tap for just those occasions (and to give our customers some more variety as we brew six styles.)
When you say service was poor, that's just unacceptable. We are a popular place, but in the summer heat, business slows down. There is no reason you shouldn't have received excellent service and for that I sincerely apologize. Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I will definitely look into that.
Lastly, Sunday through Thursday we do close around 9pm. Small town, sidewalks roll up and all that.
If you do find yourself back in our fair town, I hope you stop in again and we have another opportunity to impress you!

Reviewed 9 July 2016

After walking around the quaint town of Boulder City it's a good idea to stop here and have a few brews to replenish your energy. I'm not familiar with the food, but the star at Boulder Dam Brewing is, of course, the beer. I recommend trying a sampler flight. The bartenders are courteous and kind. They also serve generous portions of wine, but I'll stick with the beer. I've only been here once while I was location scouting for my short movie, but I'll come back when I have more time and give the menu & beer a thorough examination.

DamBrew, Owner at Boulder Dam Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Thanks for stopping by our brewpub! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. If you do come back to the area, make sure to try some food, dude! Our menu is awesome, and I believe we'll earn those other two stars! Hope to see you soon.