“Intersting Brew Pub”

Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the historic Old Town district, Boulder Dam Brewing Co. is Boulder City's first and only brewpub. Located across the street from the Boulder Dam Hotel, the brewery is less than five miles from Lake Mead and less than eight from Hoover Dam. Practically a museum in itself, the brewery features decor and fixtures from the 1930's, silent films made during the construction of the dam, actual pieces of equipment used during the construction and a myriad of art depicting Boulder City's beginnings and brewing from the period. A destination for locals and visitors alike, Boulder Dam Brewing serves up six original pub-brewed beers at a time. The 40-barrel system allows the flexibility to offer many unique styles, from refreshing Pilsners to hoppy Pale Ales to creamy Stouts. Food ranges from traditional pub fare to salads, burgers, sandwiches and more, all prepared from scratch. The brewpub also carries a great selection of craft beer from around the world, wines and non-alcoholic beverages. With plenty of seating inside, and a beautiful beer garden outside, it's the perfect place to stop by for a pint and a bite.
Reviewed 10 August 2016

This Brew pub is located in the downtown area of Boulder City. So if you don't make the correct turn you will not ind it.

Service is fast and very friendly. After a day or so on the Strip that is a nice change. The beer they brew is very good and served at just the right temperature. Try the flight to taste all of them.

The food is good and filling, not great. But it is worth a stop just for the beer and the scenery. Also there are a lot of antique shops in the area i that is your thing.

DamBrew, Owner at Boulder Dam Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2016

Thanks for finding us! I agree with you, little Boulder City is a great change of pace from Las Vegas. Thank you for the comments on the beer and service. We work awfully hard to provide the best of both. I'm sorry to hear you didn't fall in love with our food, though. We take a lot of pride in preparing virtually everything from scratch. "Good and filling" might be enough for some places, but not us. We will continue to try and bring the best product we can. Thank you for the feedback, and hopefully we will see you in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

The best beer in town. Friendly staff. The sample beer thing is really cool. The food is good and has neat little shops near by.

DamBrew, Owner at Boulder Dam Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

I love the name of this review! :-P
Seriously, thank you for visiting our little brewery. I'm really glad to hear you like the brews and food. That you found our staff to be friendly is the best part. People really do make or break a place, and I think we have the best! If you're back in the area, we'd love the opportunity to impress you again.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Great brews! Great food! Great staff! We love the atmosphere and will be going back when we are in the area. Kid friendly- at least there were kids there when we were. If you like stout, give thiers at try.

Thanks for stopping by our little brewpub! I'm glad you enjoyed our brews, food, atmosphere and, most importantly, our staff. People make all the difference! By the way, we just tapped our newest brew, Black Cherry Stout, and it is AWESOME! Hopefully, we'll see y'all again soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

We had four burgers 3 different types and altough they looked pleasing they were just OK. Very small patties and a flavor of steak sauce I was not very keen on. The beers were great I really liked their IPA, and the french fries looked sloppy. Would return but would try something else.

DamBrew, Owner at Boulder Dam Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Thanks for stopping by our little brewpub! I'm glad you enjoyed the beer but distressed you didn't love the food. Our burger patties are 100% Angus beef and hand-packed to 1/3 pound. Our French fries arrive as 50 lb boxes of Idaho potatoes and get hand-cut. The steak sauce is A-1, not much to say about that. We're very proud of our food, and I'm really sorry it wasn't to your liking. If you do return, I sincerely hope (and expect) you'll find more food to fall in love with.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

I recently attended a 5 day long conference in Boulder City with a sizable group of teachers from around the country. Most of us stayed across the street at the Boulder Dam Hotel or just down the street at the El Rancho. So, the BD Brewing Co. was a natural choice. I went on three occasions with mixed results. The sandwich I had (i only ordered food once) was very good. However, the beer selection was kind of a mess. The first time I went they were out of two kinds of beer and one kind was frozen and couldn't be served. The next time they were still out of two kinds, and then the third time and pipe had broken and it was closed. I feel like this place is probably a lot better than my experience with it. I think I may have just come at a bad time. If I'm ever in Boulder City again, I will give it another shot. I know a lot of the teachers grew frustrated with the BD Brewing Co and went down the street to Dillinger's instead

Thanks for stopping by our little brewery! I'm glad you enjoyed the food, and I'm sorry about the timing of your visit. Last weekend was a mess, you're right. We had a chiller malfunction and freeze a beer. Not good. It's in the shop as I type. The pipe busting in the kitchen was the kicker. We had an inch of water in the kitchen, which is a safety issue for my staff, and had to close until it was repaired (about midnight that night!)
With regards to being out of some beers, yup that happens. We're just a little place with limited brewing capacity, and we're really popular. We brew as timely and efficiently as possible, but there's no rushing Mother Nature on those things. I sincerely hope you return, and Murphy's Law won't be knocking us around!