“Some of the best enchiladas”
Review of Southwest Diner

Southwest Diner
Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Boulder City
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Kitschy diner serving amazing food, between Las Vegas and the Hoover Dam. We stopped for lunch, with few expectations, but were pleasantly surprised with the great service and amazing food. Worth a detour if you're traveling to the dam.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,071)

Reviewed 8 December 2017

We stopped by here for breakfast on our way to the Hoover Dam from Las Vegas and loved it! It was (to us anyway) real American style with proper American-style food and super friendly staff. We were served by Kaleb (I think) who was very attentive and helpful. It was no problem for them to make changes to the vegetarian omlette I ordered which was great and the choice of potatoes you get too is a nice touch. Would absolutely visit here again. Boulder City is very nice too!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We stopped here for lunch after visiting the Hoover Dam. I loved the quirky unique decor of this place. I had the California sandwich and Beef Enchilada soup, both were excellent as was the service. Overall a great place to stop if you are in the area.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Traveling through the area and decided to stay overnight in Boulder City. The Southwest Diner was across the street from our hotel therefore, we gave it a try. A varied menu, many choices. My husband and I both opted for one of their Sanwiches. I ordered the California (actual turkey breast, bacon, tomato and cheddar cheese on grilled sourdough bread). My husband opted for the Cowboy (roast beef, tomatoes and cheese on grilled sourdough bread). Both we extremely tasty, large portions. Our choice for a side was the cucumber salad, crisp cucumbers in a cream sauce. Yummy.
Restaurant is decorated with unusual items, some nostalgic. Service was fast and efficient. There is outdoor seating as well, too cold when we were there. Recommend!

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for breakfast on the way to the Hoover Dam and so glad we did. Friendly and attentive service with crayons and an activity sheet for my son. The breakfast was perfect and there was lots of it. Really lovely proper American diner. Has parking behind.