All reviews delicious breakfast second floor lava fields living area stay there again gas station grocery store bob bedroom caves hostess town helmets privacy
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I met two other friends of mine at Fe's to stay for two nights while we explored the lava beds. Bob was always timely with contacting me back and answering questions while making reservations. Upon arrival we were greeted with comfortable rooms, each with a space heater to make ourselves comfortable during the night. Fe's is cozy, and I loved the wood stove in the living room! The breakfast was more than we expected as we dad a traditional pancake breakfast the first morning, then a porkchop breakfast the next. He gave us plenty of conversation and information on the area, which lava tubes he recommended, bump hats we could borrow, even a lava tube map we could borrow. He even provided us with a bagged snack for the day! While there isnt much to the town of Tulelake, if you want a comfortable stay near the lava beds I highly recommend giving Fe's a try! Would be willing to stay again.

Room Tip: There is one room with two beds in it (a queen and a single)
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank foo431
Reviewed 6 August 2016

So I tried to book a room but so far they are all sold out! The one thing I can definitely attest to is how friendly they are. They spent about 30 minutes on the phone telling me what are the best place to tour in the area and giving places I did not find anywhere else online!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sweet_Crush
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Fe's B&B is the best lodging in the whole area north of Alturas and south of Klamath Falls, OR and that includes a very large area. Fe was not there when we stayed but Bob (her husband and our host) made our stay there very pleasant. The included breakfast is "king-size" and varies each morning. We also had the entire second floor to ourselves - with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, living room, dining area and kitchen - although we didn't use the kitchen except to make coffee and to keep things cold in the refrig. As for noise - we were there in late June and it was extremely quiet with little or no traffic on Main Street. As a former Modoc County resident, (TLHS class of '48) I see Tulelake as different from its heydays in the late 40's and early 50's. The town has grown much since then and many former businesses are vacated or gone, but Tulelake itself is not the main idea for visiting this area. It's the farming area, the former Japanese Relocation Center (1942-45), Lava Beds Nat'l Monument, Medicine Lake, a one-day trip to Crater Lake, and the Tulelake and Lower Klamath Wildlife Refuges that are the main attractions. Perhaps I didn't appreciate what I had when living there, but returning after so many years, I know the area is a treasure and nobody should miss it.

Room Tip: The rooms are equally good - just of different size and bed arrangement.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank arizonawill
Reviewed 26 October 2015

At first I was disappointed since the building looks old and plain from the outside, but the interior is warm, inviting and clean. Fe is joyful and accommodating, and the rate was good. The only reason I took off one point is just the fact that it's right on the main street with a corner grocery close by, resulting in some street and pedestrian noise at times. If I pass through again I would take the room in the back even though it's the smallest. It's nice that there is a covered deck with lounge chairs in the back if you're so inclined. A nice stay overall.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank 4thecritters
Reviewed 17 October 2015

Bob and Fe Galeoto turned their home into a bed and breakfast then they moved next door. You and your fellow guests have the whole place to yourselves. There is a living room, dining area, kitchen, three bedrooms and two shared bathrooms. Off street parking was available. The living area is on the second floor. We stayed in Room 3. The room has a king bed, a walk-in closet, desk and dresser. There is a small wall mounted TV and DVDs are available if you don't like what's being offered on satellite. There is a larger TV in the living room. The county fair was in progress the night we were there. Until it finished at 10 PM it sounded like the fair was happening in our bedroom. After 10 street noise wasn't a problem for us. Room 3 faces the main street through town so if you are a light sleeper you may want the bedroom on the back side of the house. Breakfast was at 8:00. Fe prepared eggs, ham, toast and orange juice along with a fruit cup of melon and grapes and fresh ground coffee. The B&B was clean, the bed was comfortable and the shower was good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple