All reviews delicious breakfast second floor lava fields living area stay there again gas station grocery store bob bedroom caves hostess town helmets privacy
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Fe is a warm accommodating hostess and prepares an abundant and delicious breakfast. There is a large comfortable living area next to the bedrooms with a wide-screen TV. Wi-Fi is weak in that room but she is looking to install a wifi extender.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jimfromlivonia
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Was in the area for work. Room was nice, large and well appointed. Bob had good knowledge of the sights in the area when I had some free time. He also cooked breakfast which was quite tasty. Would stay there again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I met two other friends of mine at Fe's to stay for two nights while we explored the lava beds. Bob was always timely with contacting me back and answering questions while making reservations. Upon arrival we were greeted with comfortable rooms, each with a space heater to make ourselves comfortable during the night. Fe's is cozy, and I loved the wood stove in the living room! The breakfast was more than we expected as we dad a traditional pancake breakfast the first morning, then a porkchop breakfast the next. He gave us plenty of conversation and information on the area, which lava tubes he recommended, bump hats we could borrow, even a lava tube map we could borrow. He even provided us with a bagged snack for the day! While there isnt much to the town of Tulelake, if you want a comfortable stay near the lava beds I highly recommend giving Fe's a try! Would be willing to stay again.

Room Tip: There is one room with two beds in it (a queen and a single)
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank foo431
Reviewed 6 August 2016

So I tried to book a room but so far they are all sold out! The one thing I can definitely attest to is how friendly they are. They spent about 30 minutes on the phone telling me what are the best place to tour in the area and giving places I did not find anywhere else online!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sweet_Crush
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Fe's B&B is the best lodging in the whole area north of Alturas and south of Klamath Falls, OR and that includes a very large area. Fe was not there when we stayed but Bob (her husband and our host) made our stay there very pleasant. The included breakfast is "king-size" and varies each morning. We also had the entire second floor to ourselves - with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, living room, dining area and kitchen - although we didn't use the kitchen except to make coffee and to keep things cold in the refrig. As for noise - we were there in late June and it was extremely quiet with little or no traffic on Main Street. As a former Modoc County resident, (TLHS class of '48) I see Tulelake as different from its heydays in the late 40's and early 50's. The town has grown much since then and many former businesses are vacated or gone, but Tulelake itself is not the main idea for visiting this area. It's the farming area, the former Japanese Relocation Center (1942-45), Lava Beds Nat'l Monument, Medicine Lake, a one-day trip to Crater Lake, and the Tulelake and Lower Klamath Wildlife Refuges that are the main attractions. Perhaps I didn't appreciate what I had when living there, but returning after so many years, I know the area is a treasure and nobody should miss it.

Room Tip: The rooms are equally good - just of different size and bed arrangement.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family