“Lunch with husband ”

Ranked #240 of 1,413 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$0 - US$5
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Family owned restaurant operating in Nebraska for over 100 years. Located in the Aksarben area of Omaha, we specialize in home cooked specialties such as hot beef sandwiches, hand-cut and breaded pork tenderloins, steaks, chicken fried steaks and an impressive selection of home-made ice cream, pies and cakes.
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped here after running errands. We have been here several times when in town and we were pleasantly surprised to see the place has had quite a facelift and looks very nice. I’m not sure if management or ownership has changed also. The milkshakes are still awesome. However we thought the service was lacking a little. We ordered soups and salad and some onion rings appetizer. The onion rings were great. The soup was served next and after quite a delay we got our salads. It just seemed odd. It was all okay just not super great. We will be back.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Hot beef sandwich was a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. Is that brown gravy home mad or canned? I don’t see myself returning, albeit the service was great and the restaurant clean.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Petrow's is a throwback to the days when the locally owned and operated cafe-diner ruled...great American homestyle food...breakfast, lunch, dinner...efficient service, prices in line with the competition. Well, Petrow's hits on all cylinders, all the boxes are checked.

Burgers, sandwiches, salads, plate dinners, and delicious desserts - they actually have a soda fountain/ice cream shop right when you walk in.

An Omaha tradition, an institution...still serving up great grub !!!

Get to Petrow's and enjoy.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

That is what the sign says. Maybe I simply ordered the wrong thing? It was ok, but nothing special. I ordered the French Dip sandwich. The roast beef was a little fatty, the au ju was on the bland side, my order of fries was skimpy, my daughter got more fries with her kids meal!

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Met friends at our favorite home style restaurant.
I had the Mediterranean omlet others had chicken salads & a Ruben sandwich with potato salad. Which she said was delicious. I enjoyed my omlet with an English muffin & potatoes. We were pleased with our service, wait time and food. The portions were all generous.
We will be back!!

shelly0413, Owner at Petrow's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you for the comments! Looking forward to your return visit!