Lowest prices for your stay
Comfort Inn
US$59
US$59
FindHotel
US$45
Expedia.comUS$59
Hotels.comUS$59
ZenHotels.comUS$76
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2020

To start with their pet policy says $50 per night, according to their web page which I took a screenshot of. My credit card was charged $500 for 2 rooms for less than four hours because they attempted to tell me it's $50 per pet.
2nd was the lass were dark, the carpet was filthy and their was some bum outside who asked my teenager for cigarettes.
I have tried non stop to call the manager since our stay and she ducks our calls and makes her employees do her dirty work of lying for her.Thisplace is beyond unprofessional. Do yourself a favor and skip this lying, filthy, nasty atrocity!

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank MovingFamilyof9
Dawn Yopp, General Manager at Comfort Inn at the Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience with our
hotel. Please accept our apologies for any disappointing experience you may have
encountered. It is certainly not our intention to create displeasure during your stay with us.
However, we must adhere to our pet policies. You had 4 dogs and was charged the correct fee of $50.00 per pet. Should you have any additional feedback or would like to share additional information, we invite you to contact us directly at
comfortinnbythezoo@gmail.com.

Dawn Yopp

Reviewed 20 October 2020

Stayed on the 2nd floor. Good overall experience. Close to the zoo. Pool is a nice option for people traveling with kids. Close to downtown and some restaurants. Good sized parking lot. Near the highway - room for trucks. hotel great for families.

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Dawn Yopp, General Manager at Comfort Inn at the Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2020

Thank you for your feedback, hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2020 via mobile

Visited from Kansas City. I booked the largest room available for my myself, my girlfriend, and her 3 young kids. I wanted to take them to the zoo for the first time. I wanted it to be a surprise and I wanted to stay very close so we had a short commute. Staying here was a bad decision.

The place smelled terribly of marijuana almost as soon as we drove in the parking lot. The girl who helped us check in had a glazed look in her eyes and didn't notice or care.

The floors in the hallway were wet. Some of lights were out. They don't have elevators and the doors are not conveniently located. The door nearest to our room was propped open with a rock for an extended period of time.

My girlfriend felt unsafe and I felt responsible. None of us slept well. Our visit to the zoo was very difficult. I emailed the manager, Kris, that day. It's been 2 weeks and they haven't responded.

I wish I'd have spent only slightly more money and stayed somewhere else. This place takes for granted its proximity to the Zoo and it is very poorly maintained.

You should stay somewhere else.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank KSGM
Dawn Yopp, General Manager at Comfort Inn at the Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

Hi,
Thank you for giving your feedback and we truly appreciate this. We investigated the raised
issue, though our team was not able to identify with it. We suggest you to raise complaints
during the stay itself, so that we can work on them as soon as possible! As far as we know, we

Reviewed 15 July 2020

Book a room thru snap travel was charged an extra $30 tried to explain to the night manager Jeff and he hung up on me not once BUT TWICE! Do not book room through them...also woman was WALKIN AROUND WITH SOMEONES KIDS ASKING FOR MARIJUANA police were called just TOO MUCH SUSPICOUS ACTIVITY GOIN ON THERE! Horrible customer service...rooms had poor cleaning also

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank 301kyaw

Reviewed 30 June 2020 via mobile

I booked a room through Expedia AARP Travel because it was a short distance from I80 on my way to Dayton, OH. I saw the ratings were around a 3.5 but I liked the fact it was a short jaunt off the interstate and it was advertised as pet friendly. When I checked in I was charged an additional $50 because I have a dog. Now, I don’t mind paying a deposit for my dog and if she messes up by all means keep my deposit! So I begrudgingly paid the deposit since we were tired and didn’t want to go searching for another hotel, strike 1! Once we got in our room the toilet wouldn’t refill the tank unless I took the lid off and wiggled the float, strike 2! We were then ready to relax with a little television but noooo, the television didn’t work. When I called the desk I was told they had to call the cable company, strike 3! I will not stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone! The only reason I ranked it a 2 instead of a 1 was both of the clerks were very nice.

Date of stay: June 2020