“Everything was great except the food”

Charleston's Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 1,399 Restaurants in Omaha
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Charleston's Omaha at 140th & Dodge! Located in Heritage Plaza, Charleston's is the perfect spot to enjoy a weekday work lunch, date night before a movie or drinks and apps before a local event.
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

This was a tough one. The service was fantastic. Our drinks from the bar were excellent.
The food was hit and miss. Caesar salad came out and it was drwned in dressing. I'm not typically that picky about it, but it was an incredibly large amount of dressing for the bowl size.
The kids ordered off the kids menu. Everything was fine except the fries. I understand using precut frozen fries rather than cutting your own, but these were just not good.
My wife had the shrimp scampi and enjoyed it.
A few of us had baked potato with the works, it was very good.
I had the tilapia dinner. I could not eat the fish, it had an awful smell and taste.
I think I would go back and try again only because the service was so good. Could have been an off night, or just a bad selection on my part.
Would have been hard to beat the drinks either way.

Emily R, Guest Relations Manager at Charleston's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I sincerely apologize for your negative experience with us and hope you'll give us another chance. If you'd like to get in touch with our management team, you can do so via our Contact Us form here: http://charlestons.com/contact-us/

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I ordered the filet mignon with skewer of grilled shrimp. Ordered my steak medium , instead it was cooked medium well and more I cut into it find out it was heavily charred on bottom which left part of steak inedible . Told our server I wasn’t happy with the steak. Said he will see what he can do. Comes back said mgr can offer u a free dessert. Find out all desserts they offer contain nuts and I have nut allergy . So only could have vanilla ice cream and Had to give nut brownie to my spouse. Manager never personally come over to table to talk to me. Also shrimp came with nothing , no lemon slice or cocktail sauce. Overall disappointed in the meal . This isn’t the first time they overcooked my meal. I’ll be going elsewhere for steak next time.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here many times over the years. It has always been very good. My wife and I both ordered the filet, loaded baked potato, salad and a glass of Cabernet. It was delicious. The steak was prepared perfectly. We always love the homemade rolls, and the salad was excellent. The only negative was that it seemed the servers were in a hurry for us to leave, giving us our check long before we were finished eating and clearing our dishes almost before we were done.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Charleston’s has long been our favorite West Omaha restaurant. The Charleston’s menu, while not very long or diverse, is always a fantastic collection of comfort foods, always prepared very well—reliable is my favorite word to describe Charleston’s food. The reuben is always well toasted and piled high. The full salads are all packed full of flavors and very fresh. The oven roasted chicken is always juicy and delicious. The prime rib is always perfectly done and seasoned. The fries are always crispy and hot. The service at Charleston’s is always superior, a young and energetic staff who represent their restaurant very well—it’s obvious Charleston’s management has cracked the code for recruiting and training service professionals. The ambiance is dark and comforting with a wood-oven smell that only adds to the relaxation. The dress is casual-nice but not stuffy—great for a range of diners from families to groups to business. My highest recommendation for West Omaha dining, especially when you want absolute assurance of a reliably excellent experience.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at Charleston’s many times and have always enjoyed the food and service. Must have the fresh baked croissants!