Lowest prices for your stay
EvenHotels
US$104
Free cancellation until 05/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$104
Free cancellation until 05/12/21
Traveluro
US$96
Expedia.comUS$104
PricelineUS$104
Lol.travelUS$126
All reviews exercise equipment ping pong table walk in shower fitness area wearing masks huge room free shuttle grab and go shuttle service comfy bed within miles would definitely stay here again shower head few blocks wellness tv lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2020 via mobile

We picked this hotel because of the reviews stating that they require masks and everyone is required to wear them. My wife has lung issues to having to stay at a hotel isn’t something we wanted to do but sometimes you just have to do it. This was one of those times.

We arrived and sure enough there was big signs posted on every door that masks are required. We checked in and headed to the elevator when we noticed that of maybe 15 people in the lobby area weren’t wearing masks. There was one lone person wearing them. We unloaded our bags and headed out. When we returned we got into the elevator a man and his kid came in and they didn’t have masks on. Again, we can’t take chances with her lung issues we we had to just get back off of the elevator. Everyone in the hallways that you come across didn’t have masks on either. It just wasn’t what I expected and had I known I wouldn’t have stayed here. It was truly disappointing to say the least.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at EVEN Hotel Omaha Downtown - Old Market, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Hi DiscoTheClown,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments regarding the disregard of the safety mask protocol. I understand your dismay and I am sorry. This is not wellness is built that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

I appreciate you as our guest and I still hope you would give us another chance in the future.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 September 2020

I initially chose this hotel based on its ratings as a place for an overnight stay as we traveled to Colorado. Another hotel, in the old market area where I had stayed several years ago, while having history, had scores that were less than impressive recently. Our room was very comfortable and quiet. My husband had forgotten the cord for his Surface and when we asked at the desk if they might have one available, the manager said that they didn't, but then lent us hers! When we asked for the shuttle to take us to J. Gilbert's Steakhouse, the guy at the desk not only arranged for the shuttle to take us there, but gave us a card for 20% off the food portion of our bill. When I was booking a hotel for our return home, I had no trouble once again booking The EVEN, but this time booked a room with two beds as I had found out that those rooms had wooden doors to the bathroom. During our first stay our single-bedded room had a frosted glass door to the bathroom and flooded the room with light if you got up during the night. I was glad to see all staff members and most guests wearing masks in the common areas of the hotel. The EVEN is located in a mixed use neighborhood with some businesses and residences nearby, there really aren't food options within an easy walking distance at night. The free shuttle drivers were really great (don't forget to tip them) and easily dropped us off and picked us up from our restaurant. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank MomRocco
Reviewed 5 August 2020 via mobile

So relieved to stay here and rest up for the next days road during Covid. Our room was clean and uncluttered, quiet and super comfortable. Great bedding! Staff was friendly and seemed to be practicing proper mask wearing (One exception of an employee wearing it below the nose - fixed when I asked- but given the pattern we have seen on this trip I doubt the behavior will change) Most of the staff was practicing good pandemic hygiene - I know it uncomfortable and doing it right requires over the top ethics and awareness as well as education. Most of our trip from Colorado to Minnesota has been full of mask defying others. So if you want a clean, comfortable healthy place to stay in Omaha we recommend the Evan hotel!

Date of stay: August 2020
4  Thank CarolineSBart
Reviewed 28 July 2020 via mobile

It’s hard to be totally happy with this stay. The hotel is quite a ways away from Old Market area where most of the attractions are.
We also were downgraded from the room we booked which is upsetting after you walk into your room and there is no jetted tub that you were looking forward to and there was no mention during the check in process. As A spire and loyal to the brand, this should not happen or at least acknowledge at checkin and give a proper discount, our bill was a mere 8 dollars less. No views no tub.
The bed was comfortable. The room also had a exercise bike, which we didn’t use.
There happened to be a protest a half of a block down the street, which 80 people were arrested. Thankfully there wasn’t a disturbance at the hotel

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank cuinthemoon
IHG Service, Owner at EVEN Hotel Omaha Downtown - Old Market, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2020

Hello cuinthemoon,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I appreciate you as one of our IHG Rewards Spire Elite members! While am glad that you found the bed comfortable, I am sorry to learn that the room booked was not allocated for you. I have alerted the hotel management regarding your comments, and I am certain that the steps that will be taken will improve your next visits with us.

I hope to welcome you back!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 July 2020

This hotel has some workout equipment in the rooms. That's nice idea. There are workout videos on the TV in the room. Another nice idea. However, if the person in the room next to you or above you works out while you want to sleep.... well, good luck sleeping. Its like a college dorm experience in a way. I like the big rooms. The big bathroom. It. would be nice if microwaves were in the rooms. There are 2 microwaves in the lobby. not too sterile during covid.

Room tip: Chose the top floor.
Date of stay: July 2020