“Filthy with unfriendly staff”

Crowne Plaza Springfield
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I arrived late tonight - 11:30 pm. No smile. No warm greeting. “Swipe your card,” was all she said. Went to my room. The lock didn’t work. Made my way back to the front desk. The woman called maintenance to meet me at my room. No apology for the inconvenience. The key didn’t work again. Returned to the front desk. She told the maintenance guy there were no more rooms. Evidently the battery was drained for the electronic lock and he did not have the tool to fix it. She never told me they had no more rooms. A guest who checked in after me also returned to the front desk. She complained about a large hole in her door. The front desk clerk found a clean room and gave me my key. No apology or even a good night. I got a room though. The room is clean, but the public areas are filthy.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Teemed
AFiler, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a survey. I do sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered. This is not the service that we expect for our guests as we fell short in several areas. I do appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to rectify our shortcomings.

We do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to be of service, so we can show you the experience you deserve.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

It’s an average hotel, nothing really special about this hotel. Hubby and I had to stop driving going to Chicago, we were really so exhausted so we decided to check in to a hotel for a night. It’s just so happen that Crowne Plaza is very near, so we checked in.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richel M
AFiler, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Richel M,

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your long drive. While I am glad to hear that you didn't have any problems, we are continually striving to be above average. The staff is constantly striving to go above and beyond and we do hope that in the future we have the opportunity to show you. We do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I am currently on night two of a three night stay for a work conference. The hotel is huge! The lady who checked me in was very nice. I was worried about cleanliness after reading prior reviews. I stayed in room 530 and it was very clean. The only complaint of the room is it took 20 minutes for the tub to drain after a shower and when you turned the shower head on half the water came out and the other half still came through the tub faucet. The hotel put on lunch for our group of 180 but were only prepared for 100. I won't downgrade them because who knows where the miscommunication came from. The hotel employees working on the catering were overall nice and apologetic but on lady was pretty rude. On a positive note the food was very good.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank lawlady461
AFiler, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us. I am very glad to hear that you found the overall cleanliness and service very good. I do apologize for the challenge that occurred during the catered lunch. I will definitely follow up with our teams so that we can determine what happened and adjust.

I appreciate your feedback and do hope we have the pleasure of being of service in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

One night stay at Crowne Plaza mostly OK. Work life room well appointed comfortable. Three problems, cereal pieces on floor, many dust bunnies under end table and windows very dirty impacting the view.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MissouriGoJoeGo

MissouriGOJoeGo,

Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate the feedback. While I am glad to hear that your stay was ok, we are continually striving for better. Cleanliness is something our guests should never have to question and I will definitely follow up with our team. We do hope to see you in the future so we can provide you with the excellent stay you deserve.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on the 18th and 19th to attend the state fair.We booked on priceline.com,and now I know why the rate was so reasonable.Upon check-in we were upgraded to a king room,and also given a complimentary breakfast,which was pleasantly surprising.the room was clean,but somewhat dated.it was also very quiet on the 10th floor

On to the mixed part--we went to the pool area the following day,and found it to be disgusting.there was scum and hair in the pool,and wet towels were scattered about.the area outside the pool was dirty,and no attendant was anywhere to be found.we went into the hot-tub,and found it to be so heavily chlorinated that my wife developed a rash.

This was our first time staying at a Crowne plaza hotel,and I wish I could give a more positive review,but it just doesn't rise to that level.---suggestion-- attendant in the pool area would be nice,and a little in training in customer service by your desk staff.(not Ryan-he was great.)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pc0l224
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear pc0l224,

We would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write the review regarding your stay with us. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests. I am glad know you have liked the upgraded room received and was satisfied with its cleanliness. However, I apologize your stay was impacted by the condition of the pool facility and the level of service received. We sincerely care about your experience, and what you described certainly aren’t what we want for any of our guests to encounter. I have alerted the hotel management about your concerns so that necessary improvements will be taken, as we work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that this will not deter you from giving the hotel another chance to make your stays as pleasant as possible.

Grace P.