All reviews registration desk top floor smokey bones large bathroom king bed parking lot upon check nice stay hooters ihop starbucks interstate couch refrigerator capital
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

It’s an average hotel, nothing really special about this hotel. Hubby and I had to stop driving going to Chicago, we were really so exhausted so we decided to check in to a hotel for a night. It’s just so happen that Crowne Plaza is very near, so we checked in.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richel M
AFiler, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Richel M,

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your long drive. While I am glad to hear that you didn't have any problems, we are continually striving to be above average. The staff is constantly striving to go above and beyond and we do hope that in the future we have the opportunity to show you. We do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I am currently on night two of a three night stay for a work conference. The hotel is huge! The lady who checked me in was very nice. I was worried about cleanliness after reading prior reviews. I stayed in room 530 and it was very clean. The only complaint of the room is it took 20 minutes for the tub to drain after a shower and when you turned the shower head on half the water came out and the other half still came through the tub faucet. The hotel put on lunch for our group of 180 but were only prepared for 100. I won't downgrade them because who knows where the miscommunication came from. The hotel employees working on the catering were overall nice and apologetic but on lady was pretty rude. On a positive note the food was very good.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank lawlady461
AFiler, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us. I am very glad to hear that you found the overall cleanliness and service very good. I do apologize for the challenge that occurred during the catered lunch. I will definitely follow up with our teams so that we can determine what happened and adjust.

I appreciate your feedback and do hope we have the pleasure of being of service in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

One night stay at Crowne Plaza mostly OK. Work life room well appointed comfortable. Three problems, cereal pieces on floor, many dust bunnies under end table and windows very dirty impacting the view.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MissouriGoJoeGo

MissouriGOJoeGo,

Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate the feedback. While I am glad to hear that your stay was ok, we are continually striving for better. Cleanliness is something our guests should never have to question and I will definitely follow up with our team. We do hope to see you in the future so we can provide you with the excellent stay you deserve.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on the 18th and 19th to attend the state fair.We booked on priceline.com,and now I know why the rate was so reasonable.Upon check-in we were upgraded to a king room,and also given a complimentary breakfast,which was pleasantly surprising.the room was clean,but somewhat dated.it was also very quiet on the 10th floor

On to the mixed part--we went to the pool area the following day,and found it to be disgusting.there was scum and hair in the pool,and wet towels were scattered about.the area outside the pool was dirty,and no attendant was anywhere to be found.we went into the hot-tub,and found it to be so heavily chlorinated that my wife developed a rash.

This was our first time staying at a Crowne plaza hotel,and I wish I could give a more positive review,but it just doesn't rise to that level.---suggestion-- attendant in the pool area would be nice,and a little in training in customer service by your desk staff.(not Ryan-he was great.)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pc0l224
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear pc0l224,

We would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write the review regarding your stay with us. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests. I am glad know you have liked the upgraded room received and was satisfied with its cleanliness. However, I apologize your stay was impacted by the condition of the pool facility and the level of service received. We sincerely care about your experience, and what you described certainly aren’t what we want for any of our guests to encounter. I have alerted the hotel management about your concerns so that necessary improvements will be taken, as we work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that this will not deter you from giving the hotel another chance to make your stays as pleasant as possible.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I've always liked Crowne Plaza, but Springfield's has been my worst experience ever.

I even found last guest's pajamas hanging in the back of the bathroom door, greasy fingerprints all over tabletops and I guess they don't have vacuum cleaners.

DIRTY!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank 450patriziam
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hello 450patriziam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm sorry for any inconvenience with the poor cleanliness of the room. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain additional information from you.

Rest assured that we will continuously do our best to always improve so we can accommodate you better in the future. I do hope that you will allow us to welcome you back and give us another opportunity to make it up to you.

Dianne L.