Crowne Plaza Springfield
Good 3.5/5
Comfort Suites(Springfield)
Midtown Inn(Springfield)
  • Pool
All reviewsregistration desktop floorsmokey boneslarge bathroomconference centerking bedparking lotupon checknice stayindoor poolconventionsaunahootersbanquetpillowsplugsstarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2017

A friend of mine came in from out of state looking for a break from his New York Life. We didn't discuss my December Book Launch date (I'm a writer) or any kind of business; it was all pleasure. We had a suite on I think the 9th floor(?) that was just gorgeous. Both of us loved its size, and I mostly enjoyed the massive-sized bathtub. Chuck paid for this, so I'm not sure of the cost, but he did say it was money well-spent.

The beds were so comfortable and just the right size, and the front desk lady was very informative and pleasant. She even had someone escort us to our room with our luggage. Chuck had more than I did.

We made a tour of the many floors in this beautiful hotel in one evening, then stepped out into the night air on I think the 10th floor and adored the view. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to briefly escape from reality.

Room Tip: Can probably have less noise in the upper floor suites.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
AFiler, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to write a survey. We are very glad to hear you chose our hotel to spend your weekend getaway. We appreciate your feedback and very happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Good luck with your book launch in a couple of months! We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I arrived late tonight - 11:30 pm. No smile. No warm greeting. “Swipe your card,” was all she said. Went to my room. The lock didn’t work. Made my way back to the front desk. The woman called maintenance to meet me at my room. No apology for the inconvenience. The key didn’t work again. Returned to the front desk. She told the maintenance guy there were no more rooms. Evidently the battery was drained for the electronic lock and he did not have the tool to fix it. She never told me they had no more rooms. A guest who checked in after me also returned to the front desk. She complained about a large hole in her door. The front desk clerk found a clean room and gave me my key. No apology or even a good night. I got a room though. The room is clean, but the public areas are filthy.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Teemed

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a survey. I do sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered. This is not the service that we expect for our guests as we fell short in several areas. I do appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to rectify our shortcomings.

We do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to be of service, so we can show you the experience you deserve.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

It’s an average hotel, nothing really special about this hotel. Hubby and I had to stop driving going to Chicago, we were really so exhausted so we decided to check in to a hotel for a night. It’s just so happen that Crowne Plaza is very near, so we checked in.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richel M
AFiler, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Richel M,

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your long drive. While I am glad to hear that you didn't have any problems, we are continually striving to be above average. The staff is constantly striving to go above and beyond and we do hope that in the future we have the opportunity to show you. We do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I am currently on night two of a three night stay for a work conference. The hotel is huge! The lady who checked me in was very nice. I was worried about cleanliness after reading prior reviews. I stayed in room 530 and it was very clean. The only complaint of the room is it took 20 minutes for the tub to drain after a shower and when you turned the shower head on half the water came out and the other half still came through the tub faucet. The hotel put on lunch for our group of 180 but were only prepared for 100. I won't downgrade them because who knows where the miscommunication came from. The hotel employees working on the catering were overall nice and apologetic but on lady was pretty rude. On a positive note the food was very good.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank lawlady461
AFiler, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us. I am very glad to hear that you found the overall cleanliness and service very good. I do apologize for the challenge that occurred during the catered lunch. I will definitely follow up with our teams so that we can determine what happened and adjust.

I appreciate your feedback and do hope we have the pleasure of being of service in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

One night stay at Crowne Plaza mostly OK. Work life room well appointed comfortable. Three problems, cereal pieces on floor, many dust bunnies under end table and windows very dirty impacting the view.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MissouriGoJoeGo

MissouriGOJoeGo,

Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate the feedback. While I am glad to hear that your stay was ok, we are continually striving for better. Cleanliness is something our guests should never have to question and I will definitely follow up with our team. We do hope to see you in the future so we can provide you with the excellent stay you deserve.