All reviewsregistration desktop floorconference centersmokey boneslarge bathroomking bedparking lotupon checknice stayconventionsaunahootersbanquetihopstarbucksinterstatecouch
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We stayed here as part of a large state-wide conference. Next year we will stay elsewhere and commute for the meetings. At check-in the staff was almost overly friendly, but it went down hill from there. As we exited the elevator on our floor we noticed the carpet needed vacuuming - it appeared that there had been a party of some sort - glitter, pieces of paper, etc. all over the hallway. We checked in on a Sunday afternoon and the hall was not "cleaned" until Tuesday. I put that in quotes as only about 80% of the carpet was actually in contact with the vacuum. There was an orange m&m just outside the elevators that was still there when we checked out on Wednesday (we named it Mort). The room itself was not filthy, however areas under the desk and close to the bed hadn't seen a vacuum in ages. There was enough dust on the one foot deep windowsill to write in (I did "DUST ME PLEASE!)
The beds were very soft. Some people like soft, but each bed had a distinct divot on one side, making it hard for two people to share the bed. Oh, and they never really make the beds...just pulled the covers up and tucked them in (the fitted sheets don't come close to fitting), so by day three the blanket was totally untucked at the bottom and about 6 inches from the end of the bed! Come on!
All this might have just made us laugh. But Wednesday morning at 8:05 we were awakened by a loud "knock...knock...knock...HOUSEKEEPING!" On several doors close to us and our own. No, checkout time is 11:00. DO NOT wake up your guests at 8:00. We have stayed in literally hundreds of hotels on business and NEVER have we been awoken at 8 A.M. by housekeeping! Also, when we did leave the room half hour later for breakfast, the "clean" sheets for our room were set on the dirty carpet outside the room! YUK!
It is not quiet either. Doors squeak (a bit of WD-40 would help) and slam shut loudly (also a cheap fix - a bit of weather stripping would help).
Security is another matter. Arriving at our room after a meeting we found the door propped open and the housekeeping cart parked outside. It was a full hour before they returned to finish the room. If we had not returned, our room would have been open all that time leaving our belongings available to anyone who wished to take them.
Crowne Plaza, you may have recently re-done your rooms, but your housekeeping may end up being your downfall.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ruth L
AFiler, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Ruth L,

Thank you for taking for the time to write a review. Our guests feedback is very important to us as we use it to continually improve our hotel and its services.

I sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered. Cleanliness is something that our guests should never have to question. I will be sure to review your comments with our team to ensure we are addressing these items.

Thank you again, and we do hope that in the future you might give us another chance to provide you with the much improved stay that you deserve.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Great stay! TComfortable bed-clean bathroom-large guest room. The employees offered us free drink vouchers at the bar. Spent an hour or so there and at the gaming room (where I won!!). After a good night's sleep, the complimentary buffet breakfast was delicious and plentiful.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
AFiler, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Mary,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. Our guests feedback is very important to us. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and it sounds like you were able to have a relaxing time and even win a little money! We do hope to see you again in the future.

General manager

Reviewed 25 October 2017

A friend of mine came in from out of state looking for a break from his New York Life. We didn't discuss my December Book Launch date (I'm a writer) or any kind of business; it was all pleasure. We had a suite on I think the 9th floor(?) that was just gorgeous. Both of us loved its size, and I mostly enjoyed the massive-sized bathtub. Chuck paid for this, so I'm not sure of the cost, but he did say it was money well-spent.

The beds were so comfortable and just the right size, and the front desk lady was very informative and pleasant. She even had someone escort us to our room with our luggage. Chuck had more than I did.

We made a tour of the many floors in this beautiful hotel in one evening, then stepped out into the night air on I think the 10th floor and adored the view. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to briefly escape from reality.

Room Tip: Can probably have less noise in the upper floor suites.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to write a survey. We are very glad to hear you chose our hotel to spend your weekend getaway. We appreciate your feedback and very happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Good luck with your book launch in a couple of months! We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I arrived late tonight - 11:30 pm. No smile. No warm greeting. “Swipe your card,” was all she said. Went to my room. The lock didn’t work. Made my way back to the front desk. The woman called maintenance to meet me at my room. No apology for the inconvenience. The key didn’t work again. Returned to the front desk. She told the maintenance guy there were no more rooms. Evidently the battery was drained for the electronic lock and he did not have the tool to fix it. She never told me they had no more rooms. A guest who checked in after me also returned to the front desk. She complained about a large hole in her door. The front desk clerk found a clean room and gave me my key. No apology or even a good night. I got a room though. The room is clean, but the public areas are filthy.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Teemed

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a survey. I do sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered. This is not the service that we expect for our guests as we fell short in several areas. I do appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to rectify our shortcomings.

We do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to be of service, so we can show you the experience you deserve.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

It’s an average hotel, nothing really special about this hotel. Hubby and I had to stop driving going to Chicago, we were really so exhausted so we decided to check in to a hotel for a night. It’s just so happen that Crowne Plaza is very near, so we checked in.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richel M
AFiler, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Richel M,

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your long drive. While I am glad to hear that you didn't have any problems, we are continually striving to be above average. The staff is constantly striving to go above and beyond and we do hope that in the future we have the opportunity to show you. We do appreciate your feedback.