All reviews the crowne plaza hi express front desk cinnamon rolls room key night stay bed was comfortable the breakfast area illinois state continental breakfast nice room lincoln home hie interstate route
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Clean rooms with all the HI express mainstays. USB plugs in rooms. Breakfast was good. Coffee fresh all day. Have to use crowne plaza pool. Our room had a tub, refrigerator, microwave, and sitting chairs. Close to restaurants and historical districts. I would recommend.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jimpT7897JI
Reviewed 25 September 2018

the worst stay ever from sept 19th to the 22, the floor i was on was loud till 10 pm and garbage was left in the hall, the wifi was not worth it, lucky i had my own hotspot and the room was so dirty i had to scrub the rug to walk on it,this hotel needs a total remodel

Room tip: spend 20 more and go the Hilton
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank edwardl854
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hello edwardl854,

Thank you for choosing us and for leaving a review. It's sad to know that the floor you were on had noise challenges. I am very sorry for this inconvenience, along with the internet service as well. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be shared with our management team. We are confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Absolutely amazing hotel. The room was very appealing and clean. The staff was pleasant and cordial. Stephen, the General Manager went the extra mile to make sure our stay was comfortable. Continental breakfast exceeedd our expectations. Everything was delicious. Rita, the breakfast attendant was especially delightful and welcoming. She worked hard to keep the area clean and the food stocked. Rita also found time to personally ask us if everything was ok. If you come to Springfield, you must stay here!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank kiahlewis
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Good location with great staff and breakfast. The only negative is what you have to go through to get to the swimming pool. The hotel has plenty of parking and is surrounded by plenty of restaurants and sites.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cammy D
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Our room was horrible. It was dirty and then trying to sleep there was near impossible. It was so noisy and our room was right next to the ice machine and people were filling up their coolers with ice at all hours of the night. Dogs were barking, it is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel and the your smelled smoke in the hallways. That was our first night... Then we left for the day the next day around 8:00 am and didn't return until 6:45 and our room was never cleaned so I called housekeeping to see if I could get some fresh towels and nobody answered. I called the front desk and again nobody answered so I had to go down to the front desk and let them know that our room was never cleaned and I needed fresh towels. So the lady at the front desk gave me some towels. The sheets had black marks on them and the room smelled. The next day when we checked out the manager asked how our stay was and I told him it was not good and explained to him why. He just said Oh, sorry about that and went about his business. He could have cared less. I will never stay at the hotel again. This room costs $220.00 a night...… They couldn't pay me to stay there again.

Room tip: Do not stay here. It is terrible.
Date of stay: August 2018