“Lots of international dishes”
Review of Arhus

Arhus
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Hella
Cuisines: International
Good for: Groups, View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Arhus is located along the Ranga River, 100 km east of Reykjavik on the Ring road, Route 1. It is set in idyllic fields on the banks of the river. The restaurant serves a rich variety of local plates and global favourites. We also have a fully-stocked bar and a terrace overlooking the river, perfect for relaxing on a sunny evening.
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Menu selection is not as big as I expected but they do have enough including horse steak.
I was wondering what local cuisine they would serve. Salmon or lamb soup ? I wanted to have lamb soup but they didn't have it unfortunately. They do have soup of the day, though.
Funny thing is they serve Teriyaki flavoured rice noodle. I thought that I wanted to try it but ended up having Grilled chicken (comes with polenta !) It is very tasty but made me thirsty a bit later. Portion was perfect as I was hungry anyway. Not too huge, not too small.

You can order alcohol as well. I am not sure if they serve wine by glass though.

I had rather early dinner, so the place wasn't packed at all. Waitress was informative about each dish and it was served properly.

I don't think the restaurant is open between lunch and dinner. In my memory, it is open for dinner around 1730 or so.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Stayed two nights in the cabins and had breakfast and dinner both nights in the restaurant. Menu is small, but has good variety. Ate pizza one night and a burger the next. Very few people there at this time of year.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Ate here twice, lunch and dinner. Our visit was in October so there were not many people at the restaurant. Food was excellent, with several Icelandic specialties. The restaurant was recommended by several locals.....good recommendation.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

awesome restaurant for good & typical cuisine... fish & chips was really delicious.. nice view to the river.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We were here 3 years ago & had to come back! The smoked salmon appetizer was most delicious & plenty to split for 2 people. We also had their new duck entree which was succulent & fabulous! Still one of our favorite restaurants!