“Was so nice, we ate here twice!”
Review of Restaurant Mika

Restaurant Mika
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Reykholt
Price range: US$11 - US$46
Cuisines: Diner, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We rented a house nearby and this became our go-to location two out of three nights. It doesn't look like much on the outside, however, the service and food are fantastic. Over the two trips, our children had the pizza both times (which they loved), my wife had the seafood pasta both times and I had the beef cheeks one night and the chicken with mushroom risotto the second. On each occasion, we had excellent service and the food was delicious. They have a small chocolate counter as well, which provides some great sweets for the road. Don't judge a book by its cover and make this a must-stop for dinner.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

My rumbly belly prompted a stop here on the drive to Skaftafell from the Golden Circle.

Great place with a great atmosphere and food that is primarily sourced from local providers. The staff is very helpful and is full of good recommendations.

Most everything is made from scratch. Want a taste of the region? Try the Langoustine (think: cross between a prawn and a lobster). It came with 2 delicious slices of garlic toast thick enough to land aircraft on.

My wife had the lamb and it was also just as good. They also have a selection of bespoke chocolates that are great.

Would go back again. Worth it. And reasonably priced (for Iceland).

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

From outside the restaurant doesn’t look like much, from inside either for that matter. But the friendly owners and the warm atmosphere makes you comfortable right away. We didn’t expect the food to be so good. And be sure to keep a place for the dessert; they make their own chocolate and it’s the best chocolate cake we had in Iceland. A much appreciated friendly stop on our journey.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on a cold, rainy Icelandic day when we had been out exploring since early in the am. It was the perfect place for a quick stop. The restaurant is small but warm and inviting and the service was great. I’m vegetarian and there were definitely options for me. We ended up getting the bruschetta which was delicious. We also got a cheese pizza. It was definitely a little different than pizza we are used to in the states but still tasty. But the absolute best thing here was the hot chocolate! I got it on a whim on the way out. I consume a lot of hot chocolate yearly and can honestly say it truly was the best hot chocolate ive ever had. My husband really enjoyed it too. It’s more like a drinking chocolate, thick and creamy and warmed us right up. Would definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

The menu has a lot of options. The bruschetta was amazing and the pizzas were delicious. Save room for a tasty mug of the most delicious hot chocolate you will ever taste!