“Best brisket!”
Review of The Smoke Shop BBQ

The Smoke Shop BBQ
Ranked #35 of 646 Restaurants in Cambridge
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

We ordered the ribs and the brisket. The ribs were good but the brisket was great: juicy and tender, full of flavor. The sides were also good, corn bread, beans and mac&cheese.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Serious.

I happened to spot a magazine on the table in the hotel....you know, one of those "our city is the best city ever" kind of magazines? What caught my eye was the title "Best Fried Chicken in Boston". Well, I have to say, I love me some fried yard bird, and The Smoke Shop was only a 25 minute walk away, so.....

Trust me, this chicken is worth an hour walk! Brined in buttermilk for 24 hours, then fried to crispy perfection, with the best dipping sauce you can imagine!

And beyond that, the Sprouts and Skins appetizer, OMG!!! Fried Brussels sprouts and pork skin! YES!!!!!

Go here.

Now.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Andy Husbands knows how to do BBQ plain and simple. We are a BBQ family and competed for years on the same circuit as Andy. We went to the Smoke Shop for a family birthday celebration and it didn't disappoint. The ribs were cooked perfectly and the chicken wings were some of the best we've had-we ordered a second round! The "pit boss" combo plate of 3 meats filled the bellies of our heartiest of eaters. The butter cake just put us over the edge of deliciousness-and the cherry on top is validated parking. In Cambridge that is quite the perk! If you enjoy BBQ, don't miss the real deal at The Smoke Shop!

Reviewed 10 October 2016

A solid choice for BBQ. The ribs- Memphis style- were super tasty. The brisket was good but not great - I am curious how long they are smoked. Decent sides.The three house sauces on the table provided a good range of alternatives and the service was excellent. I will make it a point of going back when I next visit Boston.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

Getting really good barbecue in the Boston area is a challenge. The old standbys like Blue Ribbon and Red Bones are inconsistent and Sweet Cheeks is pricey. Smoke Shop fills a nice gap by providing quality Q at reasonable prices. My brisket plate at $19 was top-notch -- very tender, smokey and not dry at all. That combination is tough to find. Served with two solid sides, the coleslaw and collards, it was a good value for the money. My wife's half-slab of ribs was also excellent, cooked just to the point of falling off the bone. There are the usual barbecue standards, sandwiches as well as things like shrimp and grits and fried chicken. Some of the appetizers looked interesting though we did not partake. They have a pretty amazing bourbon list and a nice selection of craft brews on tap. There's some outdoor seating if the weather is good.
The downsides: Our server was nice enough but slow, and never refilled the water glasses. Once the check came, she was MIA and a runner ran the charge. The place is also another Kendall Square spot that is super loud, so don't expect to get very far with conversations.