“Hidden Gem!”
Review of Harvest

Harvest
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 650 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: On the walkway between Mt. Auburn and Brattle
Transit: Red Line, Harvard Square T Stop
Description: Located in the heart of Harvard Square, Harvest celebrates the modern New England table. We present contemporary New England cuisine focused on the region’s freshest ingredients. Tucked along a cobblestone pathway in the heart of the square, Harvest provides a welcome respite from the fast-paced world outside. Inside is a combination of soothing earth tones, supple banquettes, dark woods and pastoral art that lend an air of understated elegance. Our newly re-designed open kitchen, spacious bar, and fireside dining complete the comfortable interior. Graceful linden trees offer shade to the Garden Terrace, our private garden café that boasts fireside dining, blooming flower boxes, and heaters for the chilly nights of spring and fall. Noted by Travel & Leisure as a Harvard Square classic, Harvest has also been lauded for its New England Cuisine by Zagat, Boston Magazine and The Improper Bostonian.
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This restaurant is delicious. I stopped by for lunch and enjoyed fresh oysters that were not only large but very tasty. Their sauce was very good. I also had chicken tacos and they were very good. They meat was very well cooked and the relish was delightful. I also had their bread basket that was brought to the table. They offered an olive bread and cornbread that tasted very good. The waiter was very helpful and provided excellent service. I can't recall his name but he was also from Texas.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

My husband had the garlic & fennel roasted porchetta. Very tasty, tender and beautifully presented. I just had a small house green salad and the cheese board.. I've given up dairy since January & I really miss fine cheeses. Since it was vacation, I splurged & totally enjoyed my 3 selections! There is a lovely outdoor patio and part of the restaurant is indoor/outdoor. I assume the patio is closed off in winter or inclement weather. Restaurant is very close to Harvard Square.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

With surprisingly few excellent places to eat in Harvard Square, the Harvest is a godsend. The dishes are sometimes overpriced -- though the three-course business lunch is quite reasonable -- but the quality is almost uniformly high. The chef is not wildly imaginative, but the Arctic char, the chicken tacos, the salmon, and the salads are all fine for lunch, while the venison, bouillabaisse, and pork loin are all to be trusted and enjoyed for dinner. The space is comfortable and relaxed.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Nice space ad service. Good cocktails! oysters overpriced and charged more then the menu by $1 but did not say anything. The chicken tacos are great, the falafel was just ok.
Too bad the chicken has to be fried in a restaurant looking to be "pure"

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We have spent 9 days travelling in the US and sampling great food. This is one of the highlights.
We went for lunch. The restaurant was busy but the service was good. All the food was delicious. Chicken with the grain risotto was a highlight.
Highly recommend it. If I'm back in Boston I will head here.